01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the following as a 'summer' wheel for next year:

TSW Hockenheim (if I can get them) 6.5x17

TSW Donnington 6.5x17

AZEV/ATEV 'A', 6.5x17

OEM 6.5x17 'twin 5-spoke' off the Impreza WRX/STi(?) as per Telemarker

OEM STi 18s as per Hawksbe's old car (didn't think these fitted SF..?)

Sincere apologies for my total lack of wheel knowledge. There are a bewilderingly large number of different wheels manufactured by Subaru! I also like the early 'soft 5 spokes' off the Legacy from about97 but I believe these are 15s!

What would others recommend?

cheers

Mike

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 are light (used in BTCC) and supposed to be strong wheels.
I use these with my summer tyres.

A

·
0 Posts
I have Rota torque on my car, they are the important ET48 offset that the forester requires.
I found the wrx 5 spokes rub the rear shocks on mine but the rotas are fine..

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know telemarker had the same issue with the offset on the WRX 5-spokes and went for 3mm spacers as a quick fix with stock SF5 SLS shocks. he reckons with his new setup there's no rubbing issues anymore.

Amazed the tolerances are that tight TBH :))

cheers
Mike

·
Registered
03 Audi
238 Posts
I'm currently running with the WRX 17" five spokes & 215/55 tires with 4mm spacers and so far so good. The only issue I would see is if the car caught some air then the tire could catch the strut.

Mind you if your catching air in a Forester you deserve rock star ratings.

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
i know telemarker had the same issue with the offset on the WRX 5-spokes and went for 3mm spacers as a quick fix with stock SF5 SLS shocks. he reckons with his new setup there's no rubbing issues anymore.

Amazed the tolerances are that tight TBH :))

cheers
Mike
I went big with the tyres (225) so they rubbed with no spacers on the stock struts (not SLS by the way on mine), but with the new KYB's there's more space oddly enough.

I've not caught any air lately so may have to renounce my rockstar status... :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts