Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Subaru Forester STI Widebody, Cobb Everything, Full Suspension, Big Turbo, Brembo Brakes, Full Exhaust, Cobb V2, 6 spd
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, all, after months of tireless research, I have completed my 6 speed WRX STI transmission and drive train swap, with no major issues at all, and I'm now enjoying my 6 speed Cobb short throw shifter :)

Attachments

Reactions: wtdash

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
1,306 Posts
And this was a 5-speed>>6-speed vs. AT>>6-speed, correct?

·
Premium Member
2004 Subaru Forester STI Widebody, Cobb Everything, Full Suspension, Big Turbo, Brembo Brakes, Full Exhaust, Cobb V2, 6 spd
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was a swap from the Fozzie 5 speed transmission and drivetrain to a 6 speed WRX STI Transmission, Shifter, substitute Driveshaft and WRX Rear Differential while preserving correct final drive ratio, and using the stock axles and outboard set up.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Question, 1 is the App Radio 3 "Parking Brake" switch ;)

the other one turns on the lights for the amp rack in the back

Reactions: NinoS

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey there,

Yes, 5MT to 6MT :) with a driveline swap as well, (no choice on that one LOL)

Best,

04 Fozzie STI
07 Noble M400
2001 Aprilia Mille R
2003 Big Bear Chopper Drag Bike

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TY Nino! :)

Best,

04 Fozzie STI
07 Noble M400
2001 Aprilia Mille R

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a few more pics of the finished install including the DCCD Pro Spiider Plus I installed, along with the factory DCCD switches....... and my text up in the snow, note the big pick up stuck that I pulled over to help LOL

Best,

04 Fozzie STI
07 Noble M400
2001 Aprilia Mille R

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts