Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a premium and would like remote start. I really don't want the oem b/c of the range issue. Anyone have any suggestions on a good two way unit?
I'm wondering if they make one that will turn on the all weather package. I see no reason to have a remote start without the defroster, heated mirror and windshield wipers on.
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
252 Posts
I have a premium and would like remote start. I really don't want the oem b/c of the range issue. Anyone have any suggestions on a good two way unit?
I'm wondering if they make one that will turn on the all weather package. I see no reason to have a remote start without the defroster, heated mirror and windshield wipers on.
Any info would be appreciated.
Not sure about the Premium but in the Limited the good news is that at least the Climate control and heated seats turn back on when you start the car up even without remote start. So it seems as if these two systems are remote start friendly. Just set them where you want them before you leave the vehicle and they will turn back on those settings when you return. It does NOT however seem as if the all weather package is set up this way. It does not appear the rear defroster or mirror\wiper defrosters remember their previous state and need to be triggered to turn on by a remote starter.
Not 100% sure yet going down the aftermarket remote start road myself.

Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts