Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester X Manual
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find an after market radio that when installed it's flush with the rest of the center console. i've seen it in some pictures, but i didn't know what radio they had.

touchscreen obviously

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
886 Posts
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130S600BS/Pioneer-MVH-S600BS.html?tp=72453

I did the X690BS

I replaced the top dash pop-up console with a Double-DIN unit and mounted it there and put a JDM drink cooler in the old space.

Perfect fit for the radio. Then did Polk speakers up front in the doors (2-way) and Kenwood 3-way in the rear doors and sound deadening in all doors, night and day difference, Mounted the mic above the mirror in the front leading edge of the overhead console, Bluetooth calls are clear and work well.
Picks up my crappy iphone 6s Plus bluetooth just swell. Color changed it to red to match the interior LED's. Easiest install on the radio with Crutchfiled soldering the adapter, and the stock mount plates. I solder just fine just being lazy on this install.
I will add, new window gussetts cut down the wind noise substantially to help me enjoy the new sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ill second those gussets. I tried every trick outline in the forum and on you tube with no luck until i ponied up the money for the gussets. Night and day difference. I can actually have a conversation in the vehicle now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts