Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used an aftermarket head lamp that provides better illumination? The OEM head lamps don't seem to throw enough light. Thanks.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
111 Posts
Has anyone used an aftermarket head lamp that provides better illumination? The OEM head lamps don't seem to throw enough light. Thanks.
Really? We have only had ours for about two weeks, but I was just thinking how bright the lights were coming home last night. Wondering if you may have an electrical problem or the lights are aimed too low? I actually have HIDs in my motorcycle and the Forester doesn't seem too far behind in the illumination category. Projectors would look sweet, though, in the new Foresters.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
I recall somewhere there being OEM HID Headlights you can purchase for 2010's.... Although I also recall that being only in Canada..... a member on here did an HID Retrofit with some BMW Projectors; Do a searchon HID Retrofit in the lighting and Electrical forum... If you want a cheap way to increase light output a little, try some Sylvania Silverstars... They gave me a bit more light output.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel
62 Posts
You´ve got a brand new car and it doesnt have proper headlights? Sounds like a serious problem. It doesnt throw enough light for what?

M

·
Registered
2010 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, the headlights don't throw light out as far as my other SUV. I'll ask the dealer to check the aim and perhaps raise it a little. I had Sylvania Silverstars on another car and it was brighter/whiter. The light seems low and doesn't project very far for just normal highway driving.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Sylvania silverstars are possibly the worst bulb upgrade you can do. They'll probably last shorter than any other bulb on the market. They have tinted bulbs which reduce the amount of light and then they just run them harder to get the same light you could have had out of other bulbs without the shortened life. Check out something like a standard +30 or +50 bulbs or something like the nightbreakers etc. If you want something named the silverstar that doesn't suck, sylvania's parent company osram makes a silverstar in other markets thats a great bulb without the blue tinting on the glass.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
1,692 Posts
I actually think the headlights are really good the way they are stock.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,748 Posts
Mine are very good too. I think the fog lights suck though, compared to my old 2001 Outback's:-(.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
1,692 Posts
Blue is the best color!

I've been through Regina .. summer only.. north .. Pike fishing.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
The light seems low and doesn't project very far for just normal highway driving.
Then adjust them up a little. It's easy and takes all of 30 seconds per headlamp. As for taking it to the dealer for this......why? It'll take you longer to explain to them what you want done than if you just pop the hood on a non-lit road and do them yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts