Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester SG 5MT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Greetings from the 3rd World country, Bulgaria :D! My name is Valentin and I am a proud owner of a Subaru!
On 1st of August I bought an old subaru Forester SG 2003, 2.0 (EJ201), 125 HP with LPG fuel system.
This is the first Subaru I own. I've read for 2 years many, many topics regarding the maintanance of the Forester SG. I do not like turbo engine, I am not against them, but owning such, I do not have deep pockets :D. I had three Opels before that and all of them were Gasoline/LPG fuel systems.
I am very delighted of the ride and the prices of the spare parts. But mostly I am amazed that the Diagnostic tools I have did not show me anything wrong with the vehicle.
I have Kess,Galletto, Delphi and Bosch. None of them showed me something to worry about.
Bulgaria has very bad road, filled with potholes (even on the highway) and this type of vehicle is excellent for such roads.
The Forester is great but I see that I have to fix the rust under it. I imported it from Austria. When I spoke with the last owner he said that the rust beneath the car is a lot. But that could be fixed! The last vehicle I owned was for six years in the family. I do not like changing the vehicles every 1 or 2 years. I keep them as long as possible. This one I hope and I will spent as much time and money I have to keep it for 5+ years.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester CVT
43 Posts
Congratulations!

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.0 XS
241 Posts
Congrats prijatelju!!
hahah, dont be so strict and critical on your country man! Balkans is poor, granted, but aside from that it has IMHO one the best and friendly ppl in the world. I was in Sofia for two months with my forester 2.0 XS 2009, I almost forgot to lock the doors at night, ultra safe, ultra civilized (although you local guys dont like to hear such good words). But the ugly little demon of misery is always there. When I travel with my forester in Serbia and Bosnia, almost ALWAYS it tends to run hotter than normal ARGH!!!
Anyways good luck with your for!

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
801 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

Hope it runs well for you!

It'd be interesting to visit some of the eastern European countries one day!

What's the fuel prices like over there?

·
Registered
2003 Forester SG 5MT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the wishes. I will make an update. The last 3 days me and a buddy of mine were cutting,filling and treating some rust under, side and inside the car. For now I have done the welding and my bud has done some of the paint job. I hope next week I can share some pics.

The gasoline is around 1.10 to 1.30 Euros for 1 liter, the diesel is around the same as the gasoline and the LPG is around 0.45 euros. I have fuel consumption of LPG for 6-7 euros for 100 km urban. If I drive extra urban, 5-6 euros for 100 km, which is quite cheap.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.0 XS
241 Posts
really!!!! that's ultra cheap!! In Bosnia it is ultra cheap as well, 1.05 smth benzin, Serbia about 1.3 EUR.
Is LPG reliable? I would install LPG only in Bulgaria or Serbia, you guys know that stuff.

Send us pics! Which grad are you man? Sofia?

In the meantime drink some Slivova and Grozdova !

·
Registered
2003 Forester SG 5MT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK guys I just got it from my buddy's garage. So he is NOT a professional in this area. He did a great paint job. You can see I made the welding not that well, but heck, I really like what I have done. The right side was not that rusty, but anyway I did it. The left fron side was... well I did not do a good job there.

On the back when I removed the black tape, there were HOLES :D :X. So the biggest issue and time I spent was putting some pieces of metal. First it was hard to cut the rusty pieces, but anyway it was done.

I will make a topic about the LPG system. I will attach pictures and a video link, so that you understand which software I use to set up the correct settings on the LPG. When I put the LPG on this Subaru, It took me around 6-8 hours. It is NOT hard, but you need tools, knowledge about LPG systems and few days after the installation.
If you want to know more info about something regarding LPG, you can also DM me.

Also I have removed the H4 bulbs and put Bi-Xenon System for around 50 euro, which is 35W, and at night.... The difference between the regular bulb and the Xenon bulb is just amazing. The Bi-Xenon System is from China :D, but this is the 3rd installation I have done and it is not hard to be done. Well I have got the 4300K and I have tested it with some friends, and the final result is: they were not blind from the lights.

The normal bulb runs with high heat which in longterm damages the inside of the headlight. In Bulgarian we call the inside of the headlight a "reflector". So the Bi-Xenon system runs on lower temperature, it does not get hot like the normal bulb.
I have polished the front headlights with 3M products and then put a "cream" like paste which is after polishing plastic. Before that the headlights were foggy.

·
Registered
2003 Forester SG 5MT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I made pictures around the block, which there were some street lamps and you cannot see very well:

For me personally I do not think this is 4300K. It's to white. For the future I will order only the bulbs but with 3000K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Rocket,

Great job on the car so far. I just bought a SF model from 2002 yesterday from Germany and I'm having it delivered to Romania where we'll bring it back to life :)

Can you please give me the link or tell me what the name of the Xenon system is? Did you buy it off Aliexpress?

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

Emil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts