Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just took our van to get some new tyres on the way back I was in the right hand lane, indicated and pulled into left lane, then about 10 metres driving in lane 1, a car pulled out into my lane, I hit the brakes, van behind didn't.. or didn't in time..

No damage to my van, nothing obvious to his, no injuries, didn't exchange details, eventually after he realised I wasn't trying to scam him, after I said theres no damage, we shook hands and we both drove off...

...its playing on my mind about whether he can screw me somehow, and I'm just wondering if I should contact insurance company and basically say the above...

Not interesting in claiming or anything of the sort.. but not sure if it could affect me or what not...

All in a 30 zone and collision probably occurred with me doing 20 and him at 30 at the most...

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,732 Posts
I would write down the details you can remember at the moment, make and model of car the pulled out and same for the van behind etc. Location and time as accurate as possible.

I don't suppose you got either of the plates or have a dashcam ?

If you happen to have a towbar, I would check the mounting points underneath to make sure that hasn't caused anything to bend or buckle, as the forces can be passed through the towbar rather than the bumper doing all of it's job....

I can't answer in regards to the insurance company.

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate, nope, no dash cam, no tow bar. Got his reg from memory, but not the dark bmw that caused me to brake.

His van had no visible damage, nothing looked buckled underneath, nothing leaking... and mine looks absolutely fine... (I backed into a wall harder in the past that caused a bit of a buckle and stopped the door from opening) my doors opened fine and nothing buckled underneath that wasn't already slightly less factory shape...

I guess I'm a worrier in thinking he might screw somehow... then again, if he has a dashcam he can't say I didn't stop, and all it will do is show him hitting me.

If he doesn't have a cam then I guess he can say I didn't stop etc.. but again, he hit my back end and I guess that can be argued as an when...

I guess I can't see any positives for him to contact insurance about it, but then who knows...

I can only really describe it as (and it really reminded me of) the ol' crash for cash thing whereby I was the second car, "My mate" was the first car that brakes and that guy was the victim of the scam...

But 100% not interested in a claim as it just gets recorded, then hounded for details then I have to say I've been in an accident etc.. it just won't do me any favours as I have no damage to claim for (or injury)

·
Registered
2004 FSTi 6 speed manual
1,796 Posts
Chill Ian, you worry too much bud. No damage done which is sweet and even if he did have a dash cam it would show him hitting your rear which is his fault not yours.

Reactions: Kevin
1 - 4 of 4 Posts