Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I currently own a 2004 XS that has served me well (110k miles and rolling along), and I'm going to take delivery of a 2010 Limited next week. I'm getting the aero bars, and I seem to remember reading that there are storage slots in the luggage compartment that fit the bars when they are not on the roof - does anyone know if this is true?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
The storage space that you are talking about is for the cargo cover, not the aero bars. They will not fit in the space provided unless you completely break them down (take the ends off) then they may fit but thats alot of work IMO. All that being said, I am basing this on the MY09 which should have the exact same storage area.......I don't think they changed it for MY10.

Oh....BTW, Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,306 Posts
I agree with Hot, no space built in to store the aero bars, at least in my 09 as well and I do not think there was any significant change for 10.

I also find the aero bars to be rather flimsy and too short for a lot of applications (and the curve they have causes issues when trying to tie down large flat items like sheets of plywood), so when we get our canoe we will go the Yakima/Thule route for good support.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:icon_biggrin:Thanks for the replies.

Now that you mention it, it makes more sense that the storage is for the cover. As for strength, I don't think I've ever used the roof bars on my XS (and Legacy before that, and GL/Loyale before that . . . .) for anything heavier than a Christmas tree, so they should be ok for that purpose.

Thanks again,

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts