Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium 6 Speed
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
55k and up on the clock. Replaced spark plugs and my usual fluid replacements that I do yearly aka transmission, diff,
filters, blah blah blah.

Changes from original build:
Headunit: AVH-X490BS was never happy with the unit I had so replaced it with a new one that does dual smartphone connections
considering how cheap they are these days I can't complain. Now as for why the 2016 forester is the only one
not supported my metra axxess steering wheel control module well thats just stupid.

Tints
Due to NY state changing tint laws I had to remove tints to pass inspection then I had the car retinted with
LLumar ATC Window Tint 35%. I don't like these tints because I feel like they are too dark, come next year
I will probably opt to do LLumar Air 90 on the fronts so I don't have to keep removing and then retinting car.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X
1 Posts
Awesome build man! Just read through the entire thread. I live in Saratoga so maybe I will see you around.
I managed to still pass inspection in august with the tints on, fingers crossed for this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Amazing build! I just bought a black 2017 FXT Touring last week and was looking online for ideas when I ran across this thread. Do you still have this ride?

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium 6 Speed
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
about time to update this thing so here goes

change front tints to llumar air 90, added oil separator, new brake rotors, and all the usual stuff

70k Change PCV valve 11810AA131. Replace Hella horns with PIAA horns, hella horns are not holding up well in either car so switched over to piaa to avoid
the lovely oxidation

78k install oil catch can

88k replace brake rotors and pads, rear were done, front still had some left but replaced them all, so I got 88k out of original brake setup

89k replace clutch, throw out bearing was gone, so might as well do clutch, remachine flywheel

92k replace ac compressor and engine vbelt, wanted to get that out of the way before winter arrived

So far thats about it, shes keeping up well, no issues except for the norm and car has been quite reliable. All mods are still holding up well
right now shes got 96k on the clock and going strong.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts