Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Starlink

As promised here are the pictures of the starlink device, Its located below
the OEM radio and can be removed and left connected in car if you wish for starlink
to continue to function. The oem raidio and starlink device contain a qr code
sticker that has its uniqe identification code, I have edited the photo
to blank out that qrcode. Disconnecting the antennas and power effectively
disables starlink. So its up to each consumer to decide if they want starlink
to continue functioning or if they want to turn it off.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Loving the car and the upgrades. Remarkably similar to mine but you've taken it to the next level.

Need to go read your heated seat install because that is the one thing that is sorely lacking from this car.

Check mine out if you get a chance.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/type_rs_59-s-forester-2-5-rs-journal-316025/
:lol: I actually used some of the information you provided when I was doing my build, I 100% stole the shift knob and based on your feedback on the suspension aka swift springs that help seal the deal to go with the sti pinks. I would say the seat install is possible for a diyer but it will be labour intensive, really the hardest part is being careful with snipping the heater on passenger side and removing it from the weight sensor, I am a klutz so I would have screwed that up in no time, if you just wanted regular heated seats you could always get the heater already attached to weight sensor form subaru though not certain if that would be super pricey. Just wrapping a seat in leather isn't too bad and pretty easy but that patience thing again yeah not for me. >:)

Oh you can also jumper the airbag sensor on the car so it thinks its occupied 100% of the time, that will get you pass srs warning on dash
but then you will have to plug in seatbelt

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Fixing some noise

So I noticed that my front passenger side was rattling, so naturally I assumed glass is shaking
because the glass was shaking, k need glass stabilizers adjusted. So called parts, no parts k fine will just bring it by
service to have it done. Well first came the sir there is a scuff mark on the door, I'm like
k, the door is also dynamatted and the leather is not oem so take the door off. Tech takes
the door off looks over everything and says everything is tight but there were a few missing clips.
Mind you the tech never drove the vehicle to diagnose where the sound was coming from and I offered
to show him and also let them know that I hadn't checked the weather stripping. I also got told
this is not covered under warranty at which time I started pulling up subaru glass rattles
and pretty much gave them the business. Tech was pissed at me, he put back on the door then
drove the car for diagnostic and said he heard the noise but I have a loud exhaust, this would
be the same exhaust that is completely quiet at 2.5k to 3k so :rollseyes:. They say no charge
for what he did which was nothing, I get in the car go to roll the window up it starts to vibrate,
I bring over the service manager show him, he brings over his boss it does it but not as bad.
Yeah, I know should have just done the damn job myself.

As for that rattle still there, I grab a microfiber and figure hey why don't I stuff it
under the sunvisor to see if that might be the cause, sure enough its the sunvisor, my passenger
glass stops rattling and the lovely metallic creak which shows up when you go over bumps or
rough roads is gone. Next on my list was to shut up the moon roof creak so I went to homedepot
and picked up some foam pad for door jams. Good bye creaks and good bye passenger window rattle
Gonna see if I can swing by walmart to get some foam they didn't have any that was useable
at home depot.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Random question, what site do you use for hosting images? Most don't show up on the computer at work, but yours do. Weird.
photobucket sir, you have to copy the driect link to the image then put them into the image tags, that should work for all, I hope

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
photobucket sir, you have to copy the driect link to the image then put them into the image tags, that should work for all, I hope
Ya, I use photobucket as well. Work computers have weird ways of blocking some things, but not others.

Killer work on the car so far, I dig it!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ya, I use photobucket as well. Work computers have weird ways of blocking some things, but not others.

Killer work on the car so far, I dig it!
thanks, currently debating adding the jdm console hood, don't
think the misses would approve so wash and wax and keep on trucking. 0:)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
well someone's rear tints are a bit dark which makes parallel parking and reversing an issue with the crappy oem backup lights.
So decided to get some led in my life:

Interior Lighting LED: Diode Dynamics License/Trunk 194 HP5, Map/Dome SMF6, Door 194 HP3, (white)
Backup Lights: Diode Dynamics Backup LED 921 XP50, Cool White

Now I can see again in low lighting and by low lighting I mean no street lights or ambient lighting which is kinda
the norm especially once you go 2 miles out from town. :)

Sunshade Rattle
So what sactually rattling is the clip located at the left hand side, does the annoying sound when I pull on it
since my micro fibre fix I fouind a seat belt cover at walmart that fits perfectly so that took over noise detail.

Planning to slap in winter tires either after thanksgiving or few days after, spare already set to 60 psi at 30F

Audio

So I've figured out how to reduce the usb issues with the pioneer head unit. Using strictly usb 2.0 keys aka not
the ones with blue connectors has greatly reduced the occurance so far the following work with the least
issues:

Toshiba 32GB TransMemory USB 2.0 Flash Drive,
PNY 32GB Metal Attache USB Flash Drive

Basically the slower the usb drive the more stable it is.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 84 Posts
About this Discussion
83 Replies
24 Participants
james_copper50n
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing