Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi II LTD 4EAT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have try to reach David/ae64.com several times in past month , but no answer??

Normally he reply questions/orders quite soon...

Ideas??:confused:

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x 4EAT
1,119 Posts
I dealt with him 2-3 weeks ago, emails were answered within three days or so.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
168 Posts
Do not PM him. You will never hear back. I assume since you have talked to him previously that you are using email.

I have not dealt with him in a few months but he was always very responsive. Maybe he is away or sick (I hope not).

·
Premium Member
2012 Forester X Touring AT
10 Posts
We have swapped several emails over the past few weeks on my HU upgrade. In fact I got one just this morning.
I know is slammed with emails and it usually takes a dayor so for him to reply

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still no reply?? What I need is this 8-pin connector/harness

Any others places from where I can order this??

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
4 Posts
I've tried getting in touch with him as well, to no avail. Has anyone gotten any response from him lately? Hopefully he's just really busy.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
148 Posts
I emailed him a week or so ago and haven't heard from him. I think he is just slammed with questions/orders. Hopefully he's ok and it's just that he's backed up with orders.

Discussion/questions/updates about "Stock head unit information..." FAQ thread - Page 35 - NASIOC

Back in Feb his queue of questions/orders was at 70. So, could only imagine how many more requests he's got since.
NASIOC - View Single Post - Discussion/questions/updates about "Stock head unit information..." FAQ thread

Also, look at the top of his inquiries/orders page:
ae64.com - Inquiries / Orders

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
148 Posts
I got a reply from David. He is just slammed with orders and questions and answering them in the order he received them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still no reply?? I had ordered many harness parts from David, always payed ASAP via PayPal, always answered his questions/reply requires...

I have to say...I`m a bit confused??? Why he did not reply to my last order or any of my e-mails??

I only need that one 8-pin cable/connectors! (the first order sent in 19.01.2014 to 96svx.dc(at)gmail.com )

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT LTD 4EAT
16 Posts
I ordered a harness from him last week and got it in a few days. It probably helped that I followed his ordering instructions exactly, and knew exactly what I needed.

Be patient if you have a question that requires him to think about the intricacies of your setup...

And as a person in the IT industry, I can say with certainty that the more repeat emails you send only tend to frustrate and delay, rather than hasten, your order.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, well...

Here is the whole story.

David. 01.05.2014
Hi Tomi,
OK, I can send you the rest of the transplant harness (everything in that picture except the 24-pin plug and wires you already have).

I recommend that you go ahead and extract the subwoofer RCA cable and blue/white wire before you proceed with your order. See these instructions:

ae64.com - Insert or Remove Wires from Harness Shell

Let me know if you have any problems doing that.

Please confirm: Does your wife's Forester have the odd-shaped OEM under-seat subwoofer?

Would you be interested in adding a rear camera? I can send you an 8-pin plug for $1 that you can add the subwoofer RCA jack into, then you can use that with a rear view camera.

Cheers,David

Tomi 01.07.2014
Hi David!

I just pay all via PayPal. and yes the car have the OEM Subwoofer under the driver seat and cable extract is OK!!

- Tomi

Tomi 01.19.2014
Hi David!

Radio works fine, subwoofer works fine, no security issue... I`m so happy
Only thing where I need confirm is that 8-pin/24-pin Aux/Camera pin diagram table... The Subwoofer works fine, but I`m not sure of the AUX/Camera pin order.
One question, can I have rear view camera to Kenwood?? And if so, do you have any suggestion for me??

- Tomi

Tomi 01.27.2014
Hi David!

Did you get my mail??

- Tomi

Tomi 02.22.2014
Hi David!

I still need that rear camera 8-pin connector to Kenwood ( Link below... )
Subaru 8-pin Rear Camera Harness

- Tomi

Tomi 03.21.2014

Hi David!

Did you get my mail??

- Tomi

Tomi 05.26.2014

Hi David!

Did you get this order/mail?? Can you please reply...

- Tomi

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Auto
64 Posts
I did hear from him and got my harness ordered. It seems like he has been swamped and backuped with emails. I sent him an email that you have been trying to get a hold of him. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I never received any reply, David never answer any of my mails so I give up...

Hopefully I got connector from wrecked Forester and make the connector/harness all by myself.

I connect camera to pin 1 and 5 and took detect singnal from pin 6

Looks like I have PAL Camera because picture is unstable. I can test rear Camera in "Kenwood" test mode ( Rear camera check ) so picture pop up every time while shifting reverse.

but when I using Kenwood in normaly mode I cant get rear camera view in reverse?? it works ok in test mode??

( Test mode = tabing screen left, right, left, right few times and Kenwood goes to test mode )

I cant find any "Rear camera thing" from any menu??

Kenwood model FXDD07EF2

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
David sent me a 8-pin connector... No invoice no any contact :confused:

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Prem
7 Posts
I've contacted him via email twice now over the past month and have heard nothing. anyone been in touch with him very recently?

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Limited CVT
46 Posts
I have sent him 3 emails in the past two months, have still not heard from him.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts