Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 forester xt idk?
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a rough estimate...
I am trying to sell my subaru forester xt and i have no idea what i should price it at on craigslist. i have no idea the worth of any of the parts not to mention the worth of the parts of the engine that are still good.
Im looking for a roundabout value not exact........

i overheated and blew the heads, it sat with water in it for a year and rusted out really bad so the engine is no good.
iv given up on replacing or rebuilding because it also needs tires alignment new electronics everything has molded pretty bad. but the interior is leather and can be salvaged. not to mention i havent sold any of the remaining engine parts. idk if the turbo is worth anything or what. its still good but i dont know the cash value of it.

i just need advice. its a very emotional time i didnt want to sell it but now I'm in the position where i need too.
how much should i be asking?>>

i thought maybe at least 1000 right?? cuz the engine can be parted out. i wanted to sell as is the entire car i dont have time to part it out.

so i need a mans opinion haha i have no clue

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,436 Posts
Sorry, not a man here either, but it would help to know mileage and condition of the rest of the car.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt idk?
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
175k and the condition is ok. i mean the body is good except one fender is rusted. tires are bad. but the body is still fine and the inside is good except it smells like mold. im from the northwest so its very moist out here.
the engine is sitting in the back of the car i had it pulled out. but all parts are still there.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt idk?
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, not a man here either, but it would help to know mileage and condition of the rest of the car.
175k and its in ok condition. i mean its molded out a little but the leather is salvageable and the engine has all its parts in it. id want someone to buy it to part it out it would cost alot to fix because the allignment is messed up and the front fender is rusted a bit.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,581 Posts
I'd say at least around 3 grand unless the body needs work.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
I'll agree with selling it as a whole, parting out a car SUCKS let me tell you.

Is it a stick shift or automatic?

·
Gone but not forgotten. RIP.
2005 XT 4EAT
261 Posts
Share a link for pictures, if you can. Might help us determine a bit better with seeing it.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt idk?
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
these are photos of the vehicle......
its a manual
and there is a fender that was replaced that rusted so thats the only issue with the body of the vehicle.
the engine only needs a long block pretty much
but tires are bad too..
hope this helps you help me!!! :banana:

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,581 Posts
these are photos of the vehicle......
its a manual
and there is a fender that was replaced that rusted so thats the only issue with the body of the vehicle.
the engine only needs a long block pretty much
but tires are bad too..
hope this helps you help me!!! :banana:
Pics look like an automatic to me.

·
Registered
2015 XT-P
627 Posts
When I'm a buyer, I look up the private party value and deduct the costs to bring it up to good condition, as defined by Kelly Blue Book. That would be my top offer, minus a value for my time to arrange the work and the tow jobs needed. With luck you will find a mechanically inclined person who places a low value on their own repair time and skills.
Why don't you bring it up to a desirable condition yourself? Garage labor rates are $50 to $100 per hour, pay yourself instead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts