Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this had been done to death on sf.com, but then I wasn't paying attention :eek: and now it's too late!

MY2002 Euro spec Forester Turbo S

Have stock 16" Geolandars and want better tyres/tires. Now the Geos are 25k miles worn, I don't feel like a wastrel if I bin them. My choice for all-season rubber is Bridgestone RE950 or Continental Extreme Contact, depending on prcing. I also want to upgrade the wheels at the same time to allow for fitment of 4 pot brakes at some point before I get an EcuTek remap in the summer.

My preference is for 17" alloys, but I could be tempted by 18" if the ride quality doesn't suffer too much from the lower profile tyres. I like being able to glide over speed bumps for example.

Would be pleased to hear your experiences with 17"s or 18"s as a friend is taking me over to his supplier in the east of Holland in a couple of weeks and I need to make a decision!

Suresh

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Get 17"s b/c 18"s will be too harsh even w/ higher profile tires. I am running 235/55/17 and the ride comfort is almost stock b/c of the higher profile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts