Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
19,682 Posts
^ @marty2019 good advice!

G'day & Welcome aboard @Crocs

The XV (as it's called over here) with a 2.0L engine and approx 80 kg lighter has slightly better fuel consumption. You can no longer buy a new Subaru diesel and given the regular DPF issues with city driving and that Subaru have dropped diesel I would avoid diesel. (I have a Triton diesel for my extended outback trips but, thankfully, it does not have a DPF.)

While the XV may be suitable for your short fishing or off-roading trips the Foz would handle the extra gear needed for a longer trip i.e. imagine you want to go to Fraser Island or Cape York. I imagine you'll want to carry a fridge and I think the sloped rear of the XV would limit your choice.

I can only guess that servicing costs would be nearly identical between both (petrol) vehicles and, yes, diesel is more expensive to maintain. I rarely get away under $1,000 when servicing the Triton. But, after the upcoming election I'm hoping that the legislation gets passed that forces manufacturers to share their servicing systems with other service centres just as it is in other parts of the world - this should reduce servicing costs.

PS just saw you post re 2nd hand - my daughter recently purchased a 2015 Foz from a Subie dealer and you can get a 3 year warranty.

PPS there is a Subie Club in Sydney of which I am a member: Subaru & Recreational 4WD Club Inc | Welcome to the Subaru and Recreational 4WD Club | Subaru & Recreational 4WD Club NSW : Australian Subaru Club

·
Administrator
19,682 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.