Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5 Speed
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there all you fozzy lovers. So I have found an 04 xt 5speed from an original owner with 115k on it. So far I got that the timing belt has been done and has all the records for the car sins new. I've been reading about what to look for but haven't got a good list going on what specifics to look out for.

So what I'm asking of you all is to help me come up with know problems or glitches with that style and year fozzy xt.

Thanks to all that lend a helping hand and also hope it helps out others that are thinking of buying an xt.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi 4EAT
1,430 Posts
May wanna check the avcs banjo bolts for the metal screens,remove them asap. There's also one on the banjo both to the turbo. Give the valve cover gaskets a check as they leak after a while. The catted up-pipe should be swapped to a catless one (04-07sti or 06-08xt) will swap right in. You'll need a small resistor to fool the EGT. As far as the timing belt, be sure that ALL the pulleys were changed.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5 Speed
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have a link to the cat less up pipe and the resister mod? Also would it mess with emission?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts