Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XT Premium CVT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Sorry If I am posting this in the wrong place.

I wanted to reach out to all of you and ask some information regarding Accessories.

I have a 2010 Forester and I am looking for the best price for the OEM Fog Light Kit and the Rear Roof Spoiler.

So just wanted to see if anyone has come across any place in particular, Southern California would be preferable, that has really good prices.

I have checked on the forum and Ebay, but wanted to keeping looking a little more before I go ahead and purchase in hopes I might come across a better deal, thanks.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
I like subaru genuine parts but there's other vendors here. You should be able to get at least 20% of list. Or use subiebucks and get them for free.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
What is subiebucks?
It's the rewards you get for using the Chase Subaru card: https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/card_servicing/partner/page/home_subaru

I wouldn't recommend it if you're in the habit of carrying revolving balances, though, because Chase tends to charge usury rates. Oh, and read the small print in the credit card TOS carefully (see attachment) because they basically reserve a "call" option on your line of credit, i.e. they may decide that you're in default with as little as one late payment and close your account/demand payment of the full balance at once. Chase is the devil...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Well if you have to carry a balance then you really couldn't afford it in the first place especially for mods. :crazy:

The Chase card has given me close to $3K in free mods and parts. They can only screw you if you let them...

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
^^ Not to take this thread too far off-topic, but Americans in general are not well-known for using credit cards solely as a money management tool, so I just want to give a heads-up to anyone who's not aware of this change in TOS (thanks to the useless CARD act).

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
definitely check with the vendors here, also are you planning on installing the rear spoiler yourself? If so you should check out the threads on here for some useful tips or I'll post you some if you reply yes.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Last word on the subject- with CDs paying 1.5%, 3% is a good deal anyway you look at it albeit only good for Subaru parts and service. I didn't give any use of credit advice initially because I think our economy and the causes for it's near collapse are pretty obvious save for the most ignorant.

·
Registered
2018 XT Premium CVT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definitely check with the vendors here, also are you planning on installing the rear spoiler yourself? If so you should check out the threads on here for some useful tips or I'll post you some if you reply yes.
Yes that would be great if you could. I would really appreciate it.

If I can save money by installing myself, then theres nothing better then that.

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
You'll definitely shave a lot off the cost by self-installation. For example, replacing the rear bumper on our '03 would've cost about $120 more to have the body shop install it for us!

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
when you install the rear spoiler they give you a template that has a center hole you align over the washer fluid nozzle and then tape it down. Its a little bit of a pain to tape down and you will find that the holes don't really line up at all with the markings on the spoiler. I drilled most of the holes using the same drill bit because I didn't have the size they called for (I think I used a 1/2" bit). I actually lucked out and forgot to drill the outer most left side hole and when I put a small mark where the template said the hole should be it was quite a ways off so what I would do is drill the holes on the one side first using the template and a little eyeballing with the spoiler then when you start to set the stud on that side the stud on the other side will hit the roof and you can use it to leave a little mark in the paint (it'll be covered anyway) then drill that spot. Next put a small nail or even the screw into the hole on that same side and repeat the process to locate the next hole. Each side has a plastic clip, a stud, and a screw hole so you'll need 3 holes on each side.

Oh and if you drop the little screw into the hatch just remove the center plastic cover thing and use a rubber hose or a cable tie to push the screw over to it (that took me 20 minutes of pain to get that damn little screw back out).

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 4 A/T
305 Posts
Try this with your local dealer- Print out the price from one of the big on-line Subaru accessory vendors and take it to them. Mine will match the 20% discount off list most of these sites offer and I save the high $$$ shipping charges-but pay 6% sales tax. Purchased the tweeter kit, bug deflector, roof carrier base and luggage cover this way after ordering the sports grille and three cargo nets on-line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts