Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a completely stock exhaust on my XT. I pinched my muffler on a curb last week and picked up a mint Prodrive axleback from a WRX. It's a the Prodrive Roundtip WRX axleback. The person who parted it out says that it fits onto the stock midpipe, but the gasket I picked up from Subaru doesn't seem to line up the holes, nor is it large enough for the diamater. The exhaust pipe coming from the axleback look like 2.5".

Any suggestions on what I can do, stat? I don't care where I get the gasket,or who makes it, as long as it's today! :)

Oh and right, would a 2.5" donut gasket do the trick?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It seems that the gasket I bought at Subaru is a 2", not a 2.25" or 2.5 etc, so that doesn't even sound right for the stock exhaust.

Anyone have any ideas here? Pick up a 2.5 gasket? Pick up a donut gasket?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out. It's for non turbo exhauts. The flange wouldn't bolt up if I had used it. Good thing I checked first.

I'll just return it tomorrow for the proper one then install my Prodrive exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
That's a bummer, Prodrive is a nice axle-back.

The stock gasket should work fine with it though, that's what I ran.

Stan

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Do you need part numbers? I have both gaskets sitting on my desk at home.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure Neoshi. I wouldn't mind having that ready.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for the part number, Neoshi. Now they can't .. no I'll still say shouldn't.. get it wrong. ;)

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Hahaha I know how you feel... people don't expect an NA Forester to be modded, so when I buy OEM stuff at the dealership, they always give me XT stuff even when I just stated that it's an XS. :rolleyes!:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hehe, yeah, but in this case they were giving me XS stuff for my XT. :p

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Hahaha I know how you feel... people don't expect an NA Forester to be modded, so when I buy OEM stuff at the dealership, they always give me XT stuff even when I just stated that it's an XS. :rolleyes!:
Hah. Here I always end up with outback XT stuff even when I make sure they know its a forester XT. Local dealer parts department = fail.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For sure. Bad news, my axleback didn't fit. It seems like the hangars are 2" lower than even what the Kartboy Xl hangars could clear.

I also have a Drawtight hitch, which is what one of the hangars bolt to.
I'll have to get something custom done or remove the hitch, since I never use it and it's rusting up some.

Anyone have any clever ideas?

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
NAPA has hangers that are even longer than the KB XLs. Can't remember the PN though. Not sure what to do about the hitch though. If I never used it, I would just remove it and sell it. $$$$

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah no kidding. Does anyone have pics of the underpan area stock? I'm not sure what would hold up the left hanger when the hitch is gone? Also, does anyone have a link to a hitch install? My hitch ball is also rusted into place with the hitch receiver, so it should go.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I believe I know what I need to remove the rear hitch, which is extremely easy. I just watched a hitch install and the installation manual to find out what is taken off as far as brackets go during installation. If I'm missing anything, I'll just order them up and use some even longer Napa exhaust hangars. I want this Prodrive on pronto. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts