Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving down the road, in the snow, can't see the lines so I'm following the tracks. Little do I know the tracks go off the shoulder into the snow covered gravel. Doing about 40 mph driving with one hand on the wheel, other on the stick. Give a little left input on the wheel and get back up on the road, don't want to over correct and I can see the traffic in the oncoming lane about 1/4 mile ahead of us so I use the whole road. Give a little right input to get us back into our lane. Fiance sees a telephone pole about 15 yards in front of us and screams (lol). I realize she is seriously stressed so I mash the brakes bringing us to an amazingly quick stop on the right shoulder about 10 yards from the pole. This all happened in the space of about 10 seconds or so. Never put both hands on the wheel and never felt like I had lost control of the car even though the tires did slip a bit from initial steering input. I LOVE MY SUBARU!!!!! The Beauty of Symmetrical AWD in action baby. Always been a fan of Subaru and now that I own one I feel like I've come home to a lost family.

·
Registered
2008 2.5x ll beaner
634 Posts
Patrikman, you look a lot like Jerry...

"She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes".

Peace out~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts