Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
I received the following in my e-mail inbox. It's some kind of advertizing hyjack I think since when I opened the forum link, this message was not on the forum!!!

Bob

Dear Bobiam,

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Subaru Forester Owners Forum

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,790 Posts
All is OK. That was a spam post which has already been deleted (which is why it wasn't there when you looked).

You apparently are (legitimately) subscribed to automatic notification of new posts in the thread, so that's why you were notified by e-mail of a new post.

I'm deleting the spam itself from your post.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All is OK. That was a spam post which has already been deleted (which is why it wasn't there when you looked).

You apparently are (legitimately) subscribed to automatic notification of new posts in the thread, so that's why you were notified by e-mail of a new post.

I'm deleting the spam itself from your post.
Good work! That was the first spam I've seen here.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,790 Posts
Good work! That was the first spam I've seen here.
We move fast!

The mod crew is spread across the major time zones (and quite obsessive about the place), so we're usually pretty current on what's happening. And we get good tips from alert members via the 'Report Post' icon over at the left—the icon that looks like a warning sign. Click that, enter an explanation, and you've sent an e-mail to all of us.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We move fast!

The mod crew is spread across the major time zones (and quite obsessive about the place), so we're usually pretty current on what's happening. And we get good tips from alert members via the 'Report Post' icon over at the left—the icon that looks like a warning sign. Click that, enter an explanation, and you've sent an e-mail to all of us.
Thanks for that info....I didnt' know how to report what I'd received. Now I know.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Shucks, I thougth I have a serious offer to extend my penis by 9 inches. :biggrin: I saw one of those spam messages last night for the DVD thing, was gone by morning. Our local board gets simular stuff every now and again.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,790 Posts
One thing that you and all the members can do to help - We've recently been getting a new form of spam that manifests itself as a short post to an existing thread, which includes a link. Sometimes the text of the post appears relevant to the thread, sometimes it looks irrelevant or even out of place, and sometimes it might strike you as words you've already seen earlier in that thread.

Put your cursor over the the link (don't click!) and see what your browser tells you. If it looks at all strange, commercial, or written in French!, please report the post.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shucks, I thougth I have a serious offer to extend my penis by 9 inches. :biggrin: I saw one of those spam messages last night for the DVD thing, was gone by morning. Our local board gets simular stuff every now and again.

Hey....ya don't want to step on the thing!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts