Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1998 - Adjusting headlights?

('98-'00) 
33K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Tussen 
#1 ·
I recently installed new springs and it dropped the front more than the back (got rid of that rear end sag) so I'm trying to figure out how to adjust my headlights up...is this possible? thanks for the help!

#11 ·
I adjusted my lights this weekend. On the 2006, there is a narrow access tunnel which has a toothed wheel at the bottom. You can adjust the lights with a #1 or #2 Philips screwdriver. Quite simple. There is an 8mm nut on the back of the wheel too so you have two options for tools.

G
#12 ·
ogopogo said:
I adjusted my lights this weekend. On the 2006, there is a narrow access tunnel which has a toothed wheel at the bottom. You can adjust the lights with a #1 or #2 Philips screwdriver. Quite simple. There is an 8mm nut on the back of the wheel too so you have two options for tools.

Why did you adjust your lights? The reason I ask is on my 06 FXT it feels like the lights are aimed a bit low.

#13 ·
Why did you adjust your lights? The reason I ask is on my 06 FXT it feels like the lights are aimed a bit low.
They did not light up very far down the road. I notice that in most new cars. I brought them up about 3/4 of one full revolution of the wheel. Now, when I drive down the street, they hit the grill/headlights of oncoming cars. Before, they would hit bumper or lower.

No one has flashed me and I'm not lighting up all the signs so I'm ok for now. I'm not impressed with the high beams but I don't use them much.

G
#14 ·
ogopogo said:
They did not light up very far down the road. I notice that in most new cars. I brought them up about 3/4 of one full revolution of the wheel. Now, when I drive down the street, they hit the grill/headlights of oncoming cars. Before, they would hit bumper or lower.

No one has flashed me and I'm not lighting up all the signs so I'm ok for now. I'm not impressed with the high beams but I don't use them much.
I will take a look at mine. Thanks for the info. :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.