Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Black Edition
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture of the 225/55/18 Yoko geolander g015 on stock suspension
and the other with ADF 1" front and 1-3/8" Rear.

Definitely noticable change in height just by looking at it but overall driving is feels the same.

I recently got the tires from a local Discout tire shop right before i ordered the lift.

Went back to the local Discount tire shop and now i'm going to exhange/return the 18" tires for 235/65/17 g015 and purchased 17x8 +40 black rhino boxers.

Will have them on as soon as the shop gets them in.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Black Edition
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to the local discount tire to get my new rims/tires installed today. Not the best picture, with I could of taken more. The front fits fine rubbing at full turn, as expected. But it did not fit in the rear. It was hitting the front of the wheel well pretty hard. When it was up on the lift it was hitting, and when they lowered to ground it was hitting even harder. Rear wheels seemed like it was pointing out like this "/" a little when it was down. I wanted to go to 225/65/17 g015 but they didn't think it would fit in the rear. You guys think the new g015 tires run a little bigger? So on the safe side I decided to go with 235/60/17. Not offered in g015. So I went with Cooper at3 4s. Any input about these tires? I know a couple of people in the forum run them. I'll get them installed Monday. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x 4EAT
397 Posts
The problem with the 1" lift kit is that it doesn't include any hardware to correct the suspension geometry, so it inches your rear wheel forward. Couple that with a larger tire and you run out of room fast. With the 1"/1.375" ADF kit on my SH, I ended up trimming away some of the fender liner and hammering back the pinch welds in order to create more space forward of the rear tire (and also went with a smaller tire than I originally tried to fit on).

No experience myself with that Cooper but I've heard nothing but good things about it both here and via many other softroaders on Instagram. Nice looking tire too.

The general recommendation is to get an alignment after having the lift kit installed to reset everything that gets a little out of whack.

·
Registered
2018 Black Edition
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I was thinking of trimming some stuff away, but as of now that would be another time and another rim/wheel set in the future.
Yeah I had it aligned after the kit was installed. Cant wait for these wheels on my car. Thanks again for the information :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2018 Black Edition
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Got everything at Discount tire.
First I ordered/tried 235/65/17 yokohama geolander g015, didnt fit in the rear for me.
Had to wait a couple days for the 235/60/17 cooper discovery at3 4s.
The tires are really nice. Handled well in the rain so far and not as loud as the g015 i had on for a few days, but i also liked the g015.
Here it is ADF 1" lift and 1 3/8" with rhino boxer tires on Cooper discovery at3 4s no rubbing at all.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts