Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER PREMIUM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2010 Subaru Forester and want to add a tow hitch. Subaru charges over $500 for this, but I've heard that other places (like uHaul) will do it for much less.
Does anyone have experience with this? How does it effect the warranty?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,205 Posts
Got mine for $170 at U-Haul. Looks and installed like Subarul. The Subatru salesman actually sent me there. It was down the road from them and they get their OEM hitches installed there. According to the U-Haul installer the hitches are identical.

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER PREMIUM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the options - My salesman actually recommended U-Haul as well, but I heard from another recent Subaru purchaser that the electrical part could cause warranty problems. Seemed silly, but I didn't want to risk it without being sure.

Loving my Subaru, drives great, comfortable, smooth in the rain, and such a nice interior.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,302 Posts
Thanks for the options - My salesman actually recommended U-Haul as well, but I heard from another recent Subaru purchaser that the electrical part could cause warranty problems. Seemed silly, but I didn't want to risk it without being sure.

Loving my Subaru, drives great, comfortable, smooth in the rain, and such a nice interior.
Nah...most all the wiring now days is "plug-and-play". If they quote you a good price on it, go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts