Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
adamshred's 00 Forester S/Tb STi

Hi guys I'm totally new here and new to the Subaru family! I joined the site recently to find out a little bit more about my Forester and have been glued to it since.

This is my first real car and I consider myself very lucky to have her!

Apologies for the awful pics but I'll get better ones up shortly :biggrin:

I have some mods planned in my head but I've still got some researching to do before I jump into it.

Some of these pictures are ones that the previous owner took to advertise the car so I'll throw those in because they are better than my own!

I've had her for almost 5 months now and she's a pleasure to drive. I haven't had any dyno testing done but she's very fast ;)

There's a boost gauge installed along with engine core temp. gauge and oil pressure gauge on the dash which is quite a nice touch. I'll take a photo of that tomorrow.

Automatic transmission, 98000km on the clock

Other than boost gauge etc. there are no mods to my knowledge, although I'm not sure if the backbox is the stock one or aftermarket.

Any questions just ask!

Attachments

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
WOW I like your STi Forester A lot!!! Welcoem to the forum.

Can you get pics of inside your FOrester - seats, dash, doors, boot & under your bonnet?

joe r

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Very nice looking Forester & great start on your Member Journal. :cool:

Bobby...
Thanks for the kind words my friend. I look forward to many happy years with her! Yeah its nice to finally have a journal up and running ! :biggrin:

WOW I like your STi Forester A lot!!! Welcoem to the forum.

Can you get pics of inside your FOrester - seats, dash, doors, boot & under your bonnet?

joe r
Thank you Joe, I'll go take some pics in the next while and I'll put em up.

Let me know what you think!

Adam

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, here's some of the photos that were requested :D

Attachments

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, I have some questions about my car that I'd love some help with :confused:

I've been searching the forums all day and I have been bombarded with tons of different models and makes and I'm more confused about modding now than I was to begin with!

I can't seem to find definitive answers to these questions through searching the forum so figured I'd just ask.

I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me with the answers to a few of my queries.

This is a JDM forester from Japan (Yokohama to be exact :p) ( not a UK or Aussie one ) , so where does that leave me in terms of upgrading the turbo? For example which turbos can I plug and play to see the most gains without having to seriously modify many other parts?

Also, what are the prospects for upgrading my TMIC? Are all the TMICs that are fittable to my car pretty much the same, or will I notice better performance with a different brand?

Another question I have is , should I be using octane booster to prevent damage to the engine? I'm unsure if the previous owner has had the car mapped to suit Irish fuel so is this something that I should investigate?

Also, can anyone recommend any other mods or specific products that I can use to see some power gains (e.g brands of exhaust / intakes etc.)

If there is anyone out there who has any more information on these cars, I'd love to hear from you as I'm interested in learning as much as possible about my Fozzie :biggrin:

Thanks everyone and hope to hear from you soon :)

Adam

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
Wow, awesome looking Forester!
I can't really answer too many of your questions, but there are a number of Forester-specific exhausts that will work on your ride. I'm actually running a Fujitsubo Legalis-R in their SF5 fitment on mine. Great exhaust, definitely worth considering.

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, awesome looking Forester!
I can't really answer too many of your questions, but there are a number of Forester-specific exhausts that will work on your ride. I'm actually running a Fujitsubo Legalis-R in their SF5 fitment on mine. Great exhaust, definitely worth considering.
Sweet man thanks for the help I'll check that one out! I'd be interested in running a downpipe decat or possibly even a full decat but it just depends on how easy it is to swap out the aftermarket exhaust for the OEM one for the emissions test which is pretty strict here in Ireland.

The current exhaust is a JASMA (I'm assuming this is OEM) and it looks to be quite a good article, so what sort of power gains should I be expecting from the fujitsubo ?

Adam

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
Sweet man thanks for the help I'll check that one out! I'd be interested in running a downpipe decat or possibly even a full decat but it just depends on how easy it is to swap out the aftermarket exhaust for the OEM one for the emissions test which is pretty strict here in Ireland.

The current exhaust is a JASMA (I'm assuming this is OEM) and it looks to be quite a good article, so what sort of power gains should I be expecting from the fujitsubo ?

Adam
Well I've got the JDM HKS catted downpipe and Fujitsubo Legalis-R cat-back.
Both are full 3" stainless, so I suspect you'd free up some decent power with a similar setup on your Foz with a good tune... especially if you de-cat everything.
Hard for me to say a specific figure because there are a lot of variables, and mine was installed at the same time as some much larger power mods.

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh your car is beautiful!!!!
Thank you very much! Absolutely love it :Banane28:

Well I've got the JDM HKS catted downpipe and Fujitsubo Legalis-R cat-back.
Both are full 3" stainless, so I suspect you'd free up some decent power with a similar setup on your Foz with a good tune... especially if you de-cat everything.
Hard for me to say a specific figure because there are a lot of variables, and mine was installed at the same time as some much larger power mods.
Cool man well as soon as I get some money saved I'll definitely be looking into these things. Thanks so much for the help !

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I'd look in the europe forum for more info as yours is iirc mechanically the same as an S/TB, with the STI stuff just being cosmetic.

Way cooler than anything we got in the US before 07! I love those wheels on it, they have that oldschool jdm subaru look.

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd look in the europe forum for more info as yours is iirc mechanically the same as an S/TB, with the STI stuff just being cosmetic.

Way cooler than anything we got in the US before 07! I love those wheels on it, they have that oldschool jdm subaru look.

Yeah I'll do that now still figuring the site out a lil bit! Yeah the wheels are beautiful they are in great condition but that damn brake dust will be the death of me !

wow, great car
Thank you!!

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the exterior of those cars so much.
Yeah well foresters in general really are something different and out of the ordinary. Total sleeper cars.

In a moment of drunken idiocy last night I leaned into my car to retrieve something in the dark and as I moved back out I broke half of the wind deflector off with my head so its off to the motor factors now for a replacement!

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum mate, love the car, very jealous :)

here's a handy link for you, courtesy of Don (who'll probably be along in a mo' to say hi himself) http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/typeM/

Welcome to the best Fozzy forum out there mate; we are a great font of (sometimes wholly inaccurate) information!!!

Enjoy the car!

cheers

Mike

·
Registered
993TT, Typhoon, etc.
2 Posts
Adam, sick ride!!

I'm a NooB on this forum but quite active elsewhere with a few of my cars (993TT, Typhoon, etc.).

Thinking of sourcing a Forester STI from Japan for a place of mine down in the Caribbean. Love the flexibility, rarity and power of these cars. But am curious about reliability as the Caribbean is short on parts as well as qualified mechanics.

Would love to hear from Forester STI owners about their experiences, overall reliability of the car, areas to watch out for when buying a car, etc.

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
00 Forester Sti
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adam, sick ride!!

I'm a NooB on this forum but quite active elsewhere with a few of my cars (993TT, Typhoon, etc.).

Thinking of sourcing a Forester STI from Japan for a place of mine down in the Caribbean. Love the flexibility, rarity and power of these cars. But am curious about reliability as the Caribbean is short on parts as well as qualified mechanics.

Would love to hear from Forester STI owners about their experiences, overall reliability of the car, areas to watch out for when buying a car, etc.

Thanks, all!
Hi torquechap!

In short, my car has never missed a beat. The reliability is outstanding and you certainly wouldn't be disappointed if you bought one.

As you said, the power and rarity of these things are immense. The only thing that I would be concerned about in your instance would be the availability of high octane fuel in your area. If you run these things on low octane fuel they can detonate and cause problems, however if you have facilities to remap the car in your locality this can be resolved with a fuel map.

I'm not entirely sure as to what to look out for when buying one of these because mine was in such great condition when I bought it!

I've just come back from a drive there as I do daily and she still makes me smile every time I turn her on.

Feel free to PM me and I'll give you my email address if you want a chat about the car I'll give you more detailed pictures or try to answer whatever queries you have about the car. But as I said, my car is unstoppable and I love her to bits even more than the day I bought her!

Here's a video I made recently of where I live in Dublin, Ireland and there are sound clips of the car at the start and end of the video.

[YOUTUBE="2QlF0uzxy6I"][/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the comment,

Adam

1 - 19 of 19 Posts