Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveling thru Mammoth & Nevada & Lake Tahoe....swapped the rims/tires off the fozz for the trip.. dual bolt pattern ftw!!!

WARNING: NON SUBARU/HDR PHOTOS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
STOCK VS STOCK whos faster the rdx or your Forester?

I have to say...rdx comes ahead, even though it has been a long time since I have driven a stock forrie..But the 5eat & paddle shifters are a nice combo.
We normally take the rdx on family road trips, b/c it is a bit more luxurious. However I prefer the AWD in the subie.

Even though the foz has more useable cargo space, we always take the rdx:icon_rolleyes:
I guess one good thing is that it keeps the miles off the gold brick.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Old grille looked hideous but...

I seriously cannot wait for Acura to get rid of that dumb beak so I can buy one to do some replacing around here...

That said great car otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
holy wheel gap batman!
those wheels don't look too bad though on there.
Well those photo's don't do justice, as the car is leaning to the other side. But yes there is a bit of gap. I was sooo suprised how much room there is in the wheel well...I mean like 3-5 inches of space between the struts. I could totally stuff some 19x10 in there!!!!

I heavily agree about the grille..but this is a lease, so no serious mods. I considered a catback/tune when we first got it, but put the $$$ elsewhere.:evilatyou:

I would like to keep it...maybe I will see what it is worth in Oct. when the lease is up...it really is a great car, and would love to mod it (lightly of course).

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
my brother and his wife just got an rdx and we went skiing the other weekend. the fozzie took it coming out of the toll booths.. not by much though. and thats basically stock. spt intake, kartboy short throw, sti struts and springs.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT SOLD
145 Posts
I drove both the RDX and the FXT. The RDX was a wife pleaser and refined much more than my FXT. There were no real aftermarket parts for the RDX so I went the forester route. I love the RDX but I wanted a tinker toy so I bought the 2005 FXT and started wrenching with the RDX in the near future. I love my newish FXT but wish I could figure out how to do the RDX intercooler setup! I would get rid of the hood scoop in a hot second but don't want a FMIC. I started thinking about a way to make a similar air intake for the TMIC.

Looks like you are in my neck of the wooods! Carson/Douglas

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I drove both the RDX and the FXT. The RDX was a wife pleaser and refined much more than my FXT. There were no real aftermarket parts for the RDX so I went the forester route. I love the RDX but I wanted a tinker toy so I bought the 2005 FXT and started wrenching with the RDX in the near future. I love my newish FXT but wish I could figure out how to do the RDX intercooler setup! I would get rid of the hood scoop in a hot second but don't want a FMIC. I started thinking about a way to make a similar air intake for the TMIC.

Looks like you are in my neck of the wooods! Carson/Douglas
Yeah..the tmic intake is stealthy. Maybe an internal scoop is possible....hmmm:icon_question:

BTW yes, those pics are in your hood...Johnson Lane to be exact.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Very nice. That was my final debate on the last purchase. RDX or FXT. Since I never owned a Subaru, drover my brothers Outback to a ski resort, and like the write-ups on the AWD of the Subbie I decided to give it a shot.
1 of the features I really like about the RDX was Honda's NAV/HU set-up. It is pretty cool on what it does........I think it's one of the best out there. I wanted the FOZ with it but the vehicle was on the lot and had almost everything I wanted, color included, so I did it and I am happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts