Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5fi CVT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to SubaruForester, love the group.
I've searched this forum and the consensus is that BFG K02's will have worse mileage and poorer performance than OEM and other, lighter tires but does anyone have actual before/after figures? I've run K02's on both a full-size 4WD pickup and Toyota 4Runner but didn't run other tires before to check mileage difference.

I just got a used 2017 base model 2.5 and after 250 miles am getting 30mpg mixed city and short highway. I wouldn't mind losing 2-3mpg but would like to know what to expect.
What pressures are people running their K02's at? I ran about 35psi on mine due to the ride getting rougher at 40-45, and aired down to 20-25 on dirt roads because the trucks got "skittery" with higher pressures.

TIA

·
Registered
2018 Fozie XT
73 Posts
My test on mileage lost is about 2mpg for city, highway or mixed drive. However, if u do mostly city drive with <5 miles (supermarket run, soccer dad etc...), your mileage lost may be around 4mpg.

Overall, i love this tire especially when u are doing backcountry, offroad, snow, and mud. Check out my ig @daklakfoto for the crazy cleghorn trail i just did with the tire at 20 psi.

I have the ko2 for 2800 miles with offroad, and DD.

·
Registered
2018 Touring CVT
173 Posts
Since you are comparing a 2.5 to xt, I would guess the 2.5 will fair a little worse in city driving. The 2.5 doesn't have as much torque to get the wheels moving from dead stop. Highway would be less of an issue as they are already rolling, just heavier unless you are going with lighter wheels and or down sizing to 15 or 16 inch

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5fi CVT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daklakfoto-

Those are some great pics on IG. I did some pretty rough trails here in AZ in the 4Runner-lots of rocks. Blew out 2 sidewalls on one ride with Discount Tire "All Terrain" tires & learned my lesson about anything less than BFG K02's.
Really great photos on your site, BTW.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts