Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Subaru Ascent owner, but I want to spread the word about this awesome app.

note: it currently only supports WiFi adapters, but the developer says he is working on BLE adapters for a future release.

Here is a line to the app: ‎ActiveOBD

Here is a link to the discussion on Ascent Forums: Active OBD for iOS released

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
1,369 Posts
Thanks. I think this brings the number iPhone CVT-temp-capable apps to two, the other being Car Scanner ELM OBD2 (Bluetooth).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bluetooth support has arrived!

I can confirm that it works with my Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076XVQMVS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can also confirm that I still cannot get access to the AWD duty % as shown in the graphic on the app download page (likely works on the developer's non-Ascent Subaru, but address is different on the Ascent). Forester owners: can you let me know if this value is available for you?

Note that the developer specifically mentions the vgate icar pro, and vgate icar adapters. I could only find the "pro" on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/vgate-BLE-iP...utomotive&sprefix=vgate,automotive,178&sr=1-4
My guess is that the developer just happens to have that adapter, so that is all that he promises will work. Also note that I spent an extra $10 on my adapter for the "+" version just in case it became useful. I would assume the non "+" version would work the same.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport/2018 Crosstrek Prem
317 Posts
I am a Subaru Ascent owner, but I want to spread the word about this awesome app.

note: it currently only supports WiFi adapters, but the developer says he is working on BLE adapters for a future release.

Here is a line to the app: ‎ActiveOBD

Here is a link to the discussion on Ascent Forums: Active OBD for iOS released
Hi Richie,
Thank you for the link. I been waiting for the active obd for iOS forever.
Thank you!

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT
3 Posts
I bought a ODB II reader that did not work with ActiveOBD for iOS. The wifi situation was not compatible. So I plugged in my FIXT and voila it work using the Bluetooth. All I need is to be able to read the CVT temp for this fluid change. SO to be clear if you already own a FIXT obd, ActiveOBD (free version) will use your FIXT device via bluetooth, so that you can read the CVT temperature to properly change the CVT fluids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts