Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want someone to explain to me what the difference between these two dyno pictures is besides the fact that one is an STi with a turboback and Accessport Stage 2 versus a Forester XT with a turboback, STi intercooler, uppipe, VF39, and Accessport Stage 2 on Forester XT OEM ECU.

Here's what I see, two cars with identical power mods producing different numbers on the same mustang dyno. ECU related?

http://www.cobbtuning.com/forester/accessport/docs04/FXTVF39+STiIC 91MTv100 ProTUNER.pdf

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Yes, the STi stage 2 will achieve more power b/c it is tuned for more boost and power. Christian said the FXT stage 3 (STi mods) was tuned conservatively for long term reliability, but it is still more power than a stock STi and possibly a stage 1 STi as well.

What is that saying, "Can't bite the hand that feeds you." He made a free shelf map for the stage 3 so if you have a problem w/ how little power you are getting vs. the STi stage 2 map, then just go get a protuner dyno tune or you can always email PDX for a custom tune sent to you.;)

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
the STi also has a different exhuast manifold and larger fuel pump. not exactly identical cars.

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
STi dyno chart indicates 17.5 psi target boost to 12 psi by redline.

The FXT with vf39/TMIC indicates 16.5 psi target boost to 13 psi by redline.

While it does appear there is a difference in tuning there is also the uppipe, manifold and fuel pump differences.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts