Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I do the transmission swap from AT to MT I didn't change the ECU. Before the swap I didn't have any problem with the AccessPort but after the swap when I connect the AccessPort to my forester to read the codes with the engine ON the AccessPort said "Please make sure that the ignition switch is in the ON position". I try with the inhibitor switch plugged in Parking position and didn't work. Did anybody known why this is happening??? Any ideas??

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I think you have to swap the ECU don't you?

Do you have a V1 AP? I know the V1 is tranny specific, so if it doesn't match, it won't work.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im running with the AT ECU and works good but it limits the revs at 5,500, with the MT ECU I wouldn't have that problem.

I have the V2 but the thing is that I didn't change the ECU, is the same that I installed the AP, but now appears that message and the check engine scanners didn't connect.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well a few hours ago I try again to connect the AP but it didn't work until I disconnect one of the plugs from the TCU and then the AP makes the connection to the ECU :woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with the TCU unplugged I read the check engine codes and with the access tuner race I deactivate the codes that appears in the ECU and I make a reflash with the AP and plugged back the TCU and now all works fine but when I plugged back the TCU the AP cant connect with the ECU so when Im want to use the AP I need to unplug the TCU.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
with the TCU unplugged I read the check engine codes and with the access tuner race I deactivate the codes that appears in the ECU and I make a reflash with the AP and plugged back the TCU and now all works fine but when I plugged back the TCU the AP cant connect with the ECU so when Im want to use the AP I need to unplug the TCU.
What a strange issue. Have you talked to cobb to see if theres some sort of work around?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts