Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm doing a little post-purchase accessory shopping and have $200 to spend (Goodwill Parts and Service Coupon from SOA). Current configuration is Premium w/Pkg 14 and cargo net, all weather mats, cargo tray and rear bumper cover.

Planning to get sunshade and rear seat protectors but that leaves me with some extra $.

Am considering the Cargo Organizer - anybody have one and can share feedback (like it, hate it?). Any alternative suggestions for using up my freebie award? (nothing that requires mechanical ability on my part please :smile2:)

EDIT - Thanks all for the input. I settled yesterday (7/19/19) on sunshade, rear seat protectors, and the organizer(since several of you found it useful). I did consider crossbars but don't picture myself lifting things over my head anymore (nor standing on a stepstool to accomplish same).

·
Registered
2019 Forest Limited CVT
12 Posts
I have one. I like it and use it whenever we need to place smaller items in the trunk and don't want them rolling around. It's also collapsible making it easy to store when you're not using it. There's probably cheaper alternatives out there but this one does the job just fine.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,267 Posts
I have a non-Subaru cargo organizer that gets a fair amount of use. It has four rubber pads on the bottom when it's expanded. Not sure whether the Subaru organizer has them, but they are necessary to stop the sliding.

Mike

·
Registered
2019 Forester
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to those of you who have shared your experiences and opinion of the Subaru cargo organizer. Looks like a winner. Anybody think there is some other Subaru Accessory or part that would be a better use of my coupon? I'm definitely planning to get the sunvisor and rear seat protectors; that leaves me some funds leftover on my $200 SOA coupon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have dogs as well as throw ski gear in the cargo each snow season, and the rear seat protectors have helped.

I like the wheel-well molding (for rocks, grit, etc. I run into up here in the mountains), in addition to the body side molding -- both of which help with potential body/door dings (wish I installed at purchase, as I had a ding EXACTLY where the body side molding would have been at). I installed each of these after purchasing without a problem.

The Heuberger dealership in Colorado Springs sells OEM parts cheaply, the cheapest I've been able to find anywhere.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.51 Tourin
84 Posts
I have the blue Subaru branded organizer & like it a lot. I bought another one previously that wasn't as heavy & it kept collapsing when empty, & would fly all over the place in the back. The Subaru one is heavier & has rubber feet on the bottom that prevent sliding around, even when it's empty. It was more expensive than the other one, but it's better made & worth the extra expense to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts