Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester 2.5 Premium Automatic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BAFX OBDII Bluetooth dongle that I use with Torque Pro to scan the ECM/TCM (sorry, Toyota lingo?) but I can't access ABS. I also tried this with OBDLink SX and ScanXL on my laptop, but no dice. Is there a DIY or semi-pro BT dongle/app or USB/laptop solution that will allow me to access other Subaru controllers, like ABS, SRS, etc? Can I access this via CAN? (Just bought a Kvaser USB/CAN for a different job)

Reason: I just replaced the RR wheel bearing on a 13 Crosstrek (wrong, thread, I know) and the ABS light came on as soon as the car was started. I'm guessing that I might have cracked the RR WSS with all the banging, though the sensor itself appears physically undamaged. I need to remove the wheel and test the sensor for continuity, but it's below freezing. Just wish I could have at least confirmed a WSS circuit code.

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD and 535hp
4,705 Posts
For how cheap and easy it is, i would just replace the sensor altogether to avoid such headaches (dealt with this before on a 2008 legacy for a rear one that came and went periodically)

As far as reading ABS and SRS computer codes, there arent many cheap options that read this stuff. Your standard store-bought code reader likely wont have access to these things. Some of your more advanced scanners will be able to access these things, but obviously for the price, you are paying for a product / scanner that has the ability to access all ECU, TCU, ABS , SRS and TPMS codes. Maybe not quite dealership master level tech type technology, but definitely something in the $100-$300 range as far as a handheld scanner goes. As mentioned before, your basic OBD to USB, tactrix, bluetooth, Cobb AP and store-bought code readers only strictly pull ECU/TCU codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts