Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Subaru Forester

Car does not accelerate at low speeds on low grades, engine labors like it needs to downshift, manually shifting it into a lower gear does nothing. I can have the pedal to the floor and it will creep along. Does not happen at higher speeds even if on an incline -- appears to drive normally on the highway. No CEL. Only new thing is that I just got my oil changed. From doing some research it sounds like maybe a fuel filter?
180,000 miles, brand new engine 4 months ago

·
Registered
non-subaru
911 Posts
Weird how you see this after an oil change but maybe that's a coincidence. The levels are ok?
Fuel pressure issues could cause this type of thing but often you feel it at pretty much any speed.

I'm not big on changing parts without evidence but, if the fuel filter is 2007 original, you'll want to change it anyway, even if it may not be the cause of this. It is easy and inexpensive to DIY. If it fixes this, you're ahead of the game. If it doesn't, it likely needed doing anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an automatic transmission. Oil level was good. Transmission fluid was way high -- unsure if they might have added transmission fluid when I got my oil changed. Could that be causing the issue?

·
Registered
non-subaru
911 Posts
Overfilling ATF could cause it not to shift properly.
Perhaps it 'thinks' it needs to be in a high gear at low speeds, bogging it down.

I'd double check the ATF level to make sure they didn't hose you up when they did the oil change. Was this done at the dealer or one of those quick change places? If the latter, those people are mostly morons..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts