Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AC is not working on my 2011 Forester XT. The shop checked system pressures, which were good,checked the ground through the pressure switch at the ECM applied power to AC Relay and had the system blowing cold air. The technician then back probed the relay ground control circuit at the ECU and applied ground and the AC began working. The AC worked for a few hours and then quit again. The technician is suggesting the ECM needs to be changed but when I plug the green connector that sets the ECM to diagnostic mode the AC clutch kicks in and out like normal operation. What would be the difference between the two modes and is there something else I should be checking? I'd hate to purchase a new ECM only to find out it's another issue.

Would anyone know have a pinout diagram for that ECM? I wondering what the connector number and terminal that controls the ground to the AC relay ground control circuit.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@don1952: I read in another thread you had to replace the ECU as the A/C compressor never ran. How were you able to diagnose that it was the ECU?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,799 Posts
@don1952: I read in another thread you had to replace the ECU as the A/C compressor never ran. How were you able to diagnose that it was the ECU?
Replied to your message :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts