Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 X Premium Auto
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week after I tuned up my ac compressor, my ac compressor clutch spring broke. I have a replacement clutch spring in the mail so I decided to get ahead of that project and remove my clutch spring and entire clutch face today. When I went to remove it, noticed the bolt that's suppose to hold in and properly space the clutch face was totally missing! (prob why the clutch spring broke)

Tried to look all over subaru oem parts stores and I don't think they sell just that bolt. I know certain ac compressor clutch repair kits include the bolt but the one I bought does not.

So does anyone know of a part number for the bolt as well as the spacers or washer that is suppose to be with it?? Might just have to buy another kit that includes all of those goodies.

Thanks a million guys!

·
Registered
2007 Forester Manual.
118 Posts
I'd find a pick and pull yard and just yank the bolt and stick it in your pocket, Or remove the clutch assembly so you have all the parts (and washers) you might need. Yeah it's a bit of a job removing the clutch from a tapered shaft, but I've done it several times for our VW.

S-

·
Registered
2009 X Premium Auto
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya there was another forester that i've already picked parts off 2 times but it is not listed on the inventory list anymore for being present in the junkyard. Really just need the dang bolt and washer....

·
Registered
2007 Forester Manual.
118 Posts
Can't really restrict on just a 'compressor part' that is likely used on several Subaru models:

SUBARU FORESTER 2007-2013
SUBARU IMPREZA 2008-2011
SUBARU IMPREZA SPORT 2008-2011

I pulled the list of compressors off the RockAuto website. Just need to match up the compressor you have with the one off the donor car. Looks like you might be in luck as they only list 1 type that fits several models.

I'm surprised the yard's 'interchange' catalog didn't show anything compatible? Our yards may be low on Foresters, but they have Impreza's coming out of their ears!

Good Luck with the search!!

S-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts