Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sort of a brake/ axle question. I have a MY98 SF9 with 4 wheel ABS. About a year ago I damaged the drivers side wheel speed sensor. This sensor protrudes thur the knuckle and picks up its signal from what Subaru calls the tone wheel which is mounted to the back of the hub. Well the dealer wants over $300 for the sensor, I can't find one aftermarket and the wreaker is reluctant to pull one afraid it will be siezed in the knuckle. He is probably right. So time to upgrade. I bought a complete set of front knuckles and brakes off a MY02 WRX. When I recived the parts
i noticed that the position of the wheel speed sensor has changed and it looks like it picks up off the front axle now. Does anyone know what year the axle changed to this P/U style and will it only be WRX that had is or all models?

·
Registered
1998 Forester
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
E-bay seems to have answered my question. It looks like the out joint was changed to include the tone wheel in MY99.

·
Registered
1998 Forester
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks just checked back. I ended up finding some axles from a MY 02 that will work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts