Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester AT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question!

Are there differences on abs sensors? Can I use a front passenger on a front driver?
can I use rears on the front?

basically, are they all interchangable?

thanks everyone!

·
Registered
99 Forester
3 Posts
I don't know for certain but I would find it hard to believe that there are any differences. I'm surprised no one has replied but then no one has replied to my post either. Can you tell me how you know a sensor is bad? I am now suspicious the fault I am seeing is a bad sensor but the fault is cleared (on a 99) when the ignition is shut off. I'm guessing that if I scan it, I will not find out which sensor it is. Maybe you know that. thanks

·
Registered
2000 2 Outbacks 1Man , 1 Auto
312 Posts
Usually for most cars the abs sensors are the same for each wheel , however the connecting leads can be different lengths for each wheel along with sealing grommet placement etc and that accounts for the different part numbers .

·
Registered
2000 2 Outbacks 1Man , 1 Auto
312 Posts
I don't know for certain but I would find it hard to believe that there are any differences. I'm surprised no one has replied but then no one has replied to my post either. Can you tell me how you know a sensor is bad? I am now suspicious the fault I am seeing is a bad sensor but the fault is cleared (on a 99) when the ignition is shut off. I'm guessing that if I scan it, I will not find out which sensor it is. Maybe you know that. thanks
With inductive sensors then you can measure the resistance , which usually is about 1-2 Kohms . If you follow the lead back from the sensor you'll come across an inline connector and can take the resistance reading from there .

·
Registered
2000 forester automatic
12 Posts
Quick question!

Are there differences on abs sensors? Can I use a front passenger on a front driver?
can I use rears on the front?

basically, are they all interchangable?

thanks everyone!
Phone the dealer
Give them the chassis number, then ask the price and if they are different part numbers
I did that the other day for some parts. ... And then laughed at the prices

You'll have your answer within minutes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts