Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are long time members of the AA but rarely use the service (famous last words! :biggrin:). Our renewal for roadside assistance and recovery, for me and my wife is £147. The RAC offer the same services for £99.

Only difference we can see is with the AA we get 9 callouts per year whereas with the RAC we get 6.

Can anyone thinks of a good reason to stay with the AA?

Cheers

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Do you collect Tesco points?

We are long time members of the AA but rarely use the service (famous last words! :biggrin:). Our renewal for roadside assistance and recovery, for me and my wife is £147. The RAC offer the same services for £99.

Only difference we can see is with the AA we get 9 callouts per year whereas with the RAC we get 6.

Can anyone thinks of a good reason to stay with the AA?

Cheers

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that's how we got looking at the RAC. We have enough tesco points to cover the renewal with the RAC but my missus has other plans for them. Shame they don't take nectar points as we have over 15000 of them

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
check with your bank.

Im with barclays and i get 5 free call outs per year with RAC

my wife is with lloyds and she gets free cover with the AA.

i have only ever needed to call them out once because i left my keys on the front seat and the dog stepped on the button and locked him and the keys inside!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,801 Posts
Which Winner for best all round rescue was Autonational Rescue.

Me & Wifelet used Greeen Flag for years.

As members of Which we had a look.

Half the price for both of us as a joint membership on 2 CARS.

A week after we joined, Mr CEL came on, (see my posts new engine).

We were members for maybe as much as 5 days!!

Within 5 mins a text, 5 mins later truck.

It's 4WD, & a Computer Jobbie, where do you want to go??

Foresters Subaru, dropped off, really nice people.

£99 for 2 Foz's unlimited cover.

Perhaps you should take a look at it?

regards

AM

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
I'm still with Subaru's own service which was offered when i bought the Foz. Same price as any other and European cover in included. Never needed them so can't comment on service. Sounds good on paper though.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
must be something in the air as mines due as well!

AA where £77, RAC where £70 and greenflag where £96.

I've been a member of the RAC for 2 years and when my renewal came through it was £110!

had a quick look at that site Alan and their pricing looks a little confusing but will have a look.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,598 Posts
Does any company other than AA give EU cover for a year for more than 90 days per trip?

·
Registered
2006 Forester STi
157 Posts
Try Adac,that's who I'm with,79.50eu plus 19.20eu for the missus Full Euro cover including recovery from The 'Ring(hope I never have to use that part of it!!!)

Pete

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,598 Posts
Try Adac,that's who I'm with,79.50eu plus 19.20eu for the missus Full Euro cover including recovery from The 'Ring(hope I never have to use that part of it!!!)

Pete
Cheers Pete!

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's that time again. They want £154 this time. Stuck with the AA last time as I rung them as suggested and they reduced the cost to £96. Will try that again and see what happens..

·
Registered
1999 S-turbo
154 Posts
Well I wont touch rac for anything, went with them for insurance once...
Moved house my insurance Doubled from 50 a month to 100, had only just got a policy with them so they said to cancel would be about 1000 pound fee, cover plus % plus cancelling fee.
So I was stuck either to fork out a 1k or pay a silly amount of monthy money for rest of policy, then I decided to get a wee banger to do me for transport and put my impreza into storage, and to change cars they charged me £20 admin fee....
and were still expensive for the wee engined car.
So all and all will never go back to them again.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
We are with the RAC using Tesco points, had only one call out when the battery failed on Mrs The Rookies RX-8 (lost a cell and the system won't initialise with the 10.5V you get!) and the service was excellent, came out, got car going, tested alternator and battery, went and got a battery from GSF (no incremental charge, just what GSF charged), fitted and checked before she went on her way.

Don't go near "first call", they have some funny T&C's like if you don't get the car repaired after a call out, you have to pay for that call out!

Simon

·
Registered
2003 forester s turbo Manual
578 Posts
The main thing that decided it for me was that RAC will do recovery after an accident whereas AA wouldn't in a package at roughly the same price

1 - 20 of 35 Posts