Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! So I've posted once and it was super vague ONLY BECAUSE of how angry/upset/sad I was. But it's a new year. I have a garage to work on my 07 FXT in and I'm a bit more knowledgeable (still a newbie to it, but hey, we gotta start somewhere right?). Anyways, my car suffered from catastrophic engine failure. Mechanic that looked at it said there were metal particles in the oil. And I'm gonna assume y'all know what happened with that? With a friend, I took the whole engine out. Only took a year heavy eye roll. Finally got down to the oil pan and it looked like unicorns diarrhea. Sparkles and specks of metal everywhere! So anyways, I didn't supply enough information last time, probably didn't this time either, but would any of you recommend rebuilding what I got or starting with a newish engine?

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
If you asked a mechanic that question, she / he would tell you that they have to start stripping the engine, find the damage amd make a call from there.

But we can't take your engine apart ;) So, you have to do that, and give us an accurate assessment of the damage so we can forrm an opinion for you.

As well as that, you're going to have to research the cost of a replacement engine, if needed - start Googling!!

Generally, it sounds as though you've spun at least one bearing, maybe more. You have to investigate and report back!!

What exactly happened, anyway? Oil starvation?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been spelunking down the Google caverns for ages lol. I'm not quite sure if I'm hitting the results. I only work on it on the weekends so time is limited. Once I find out what happened, I fully intend on reporting back. Trying to be more active in this community. Idk if it was oil starvation or what. The owner prior to me "took care" of this car as it was their daily driver. 60 miles roundtrip daily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts