Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 S-turbo
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I moved to Norway last september to work in the norwegian road authority, but as it is ridiculous expensive to bring a swedish car into norway I had to buy me one here. And that sucks, the prices here are doubled for most things.

So last weekend I found myself a forester s-turbo -99 in good shape that I drove home. I am very pleased with the car exept for the issue with hesitation on low rev/ high gear. But the salesman said that I just could hand it in to my local subarudealer. So it is going there now on thursday and we will se what they say.

Pics to come...

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel
62 Posts
Why - oh why?

In the name of Dog –*what made you move FROM Sweden TO Norway?

There better be a good reason. What´s her name?

M

Norwegian –*American – Danish –*thinking of moving TO Sweden :banana:

·
Registered
99 S-turbo
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the name of Dog –*what made you move FROM Sweden TO Norway?

There better be a good reason. What´s her name?

M

Norwegian –*American – Danish –*thinking of moving TO Sweden :banana:
Her name is Money and Change :) I have almost doubled salary here compared to working as a consultant in Sweden. After 7 years in Gothenburg (university and military) it also felt right move.

I like Norway, even if they have strange food habits...

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,446 Posts
Welcome to the forum form Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester. Looking forward to the pictures. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
99 S-turbo
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the welcomes! I am feeling very welcome :)

The lutefisk is not a favourite, no. But it is even harder to cope with all mayo on the sandwiches, they even have it together with caviar and liver pâté... Strange people

·
Registered
99 S-turbo
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got my car back from the garage after changing plugs and the knock sensor. And all the hesitation is gone now, the car goes like a dream :)

But the repairman said that he had to release the engine from its mounts to change plugs. Is this really necessary? If so it would be hard to do it by myself if I need to do it again. ANd the service charge here in Norway is a joke. Nice that the salesman took care of that bill.

After 800km in the car the only complaint I have is that I tend to turn of the headlights when I use the indicators...

I love my car! :p

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Hi and welcome
You don't need to loosen the engine to change plugs. On the other hand it's very tight spot to work on. Small hands and the right tools help a long way.

Edit: Where in Norway did you move to? I guess somewhere south.
I live up north in Hammerfest.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,452 Posts
Had a camping holiday in Norway and Sweden in the summer of 1977 and we still talk about them, especially Norway, as being our favourite countries. Even then we were shocked by the prices - paid $3 for a cooked chicken which at the time seemed ridiculous bit wouldn't even buy you the wing now - as it was our 1st wedding anniversary and we wanted to eat something special while camping. We are going back one day and driving right up to North Cape - only got just past the Arctic Circle last time. We always said to friends we'd go and live there but the dark winters and mosquito summers make the hot Aussie summers look more bearable.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
^North Cape. Then you was not so far away from where I live. 3-4 hour driving I think. Tho I was not even born in 77. I was born a couple of years later. :biggrin:

·
Registered
99 S-turbo
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Välkommen från Stavanger!
Tackar!!

Hi and welcome
You don't need to loosen the engine to change plugs. On the other hand it's very tight spot to work on. Small hands and the right tools help a long way.

Edit: Where in Norway did you move to? I guess somewhere south.
I live up north in Hammerfest.
Ok, good to know!

Well I live in Lillehammer, more to the south then north but still with an ok winter :)

·
Registered
99 S-turbo
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2 weeks ago I drove home to Sweden to salubrate a birthday. It was 6 hours of fun driving in a snowstorm, driving on small roads to get out of the holiday traffic. My Subaru is a great car!

And when I got home to my friends I did a rescue mission for a friend who was affraid to continue driving in his Volvo, so he parked the car beside the road.

But the main thing I did back home was not to eat alot of cake but to install a block heater and battery charger under the hood. We had some problem to loosen the frost plug, but nothing that our impact wrench could not handle :) And it was a real pain to tighten the heater without loosen the manifold.

·
Registered
99 S-turbo
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, and so for the photos! It is just a standard 99, but anyway :) Taken on a nice winterday not far from the hills from the olympic games of 1994.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts