Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Premium
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I couldn’t move for a short time because everyone else was slipping and sliding evening on a very slight incline and some flat streets too. I had to wait for a lull in the oncoming traffic so I could get by everyone else. Including a Toyota 4 Runner that was spinning tires.

God I love my Forester! And huge hugs for my wife for telling me it was time to trade in the Impala and go back to Subaru’s. after three years in the Chevy she had enough.

Kevin

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
Well I couldn’t move for a short time because everyone else was slipping and sliding evening on a very slight incline and some flat streets too. I had to wait for a lull in the oncoming traffic so I could get by everyone else. Including a Toyota 4 Runner that was spinning tires.

Kevin
Yeah, first snow Worcester (I work there) is always a mess. In fact, every storm Worcester is a mess...is it just me, or does Woostah have a really high proportion of cars running on bald tires????
Kakarp, that brings me to my question: what tires are you running on your Forester right now?
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
2009 Forester Premium
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve

Please don’t think I meant I was stuck. I had to sit for a while because everyone else was stuck and I had to wait for a break in traffic coming the other way so I could get around them.

I’m running stock Yokohama’s Geolandar G95. Yes it seems that during a storm that either most everyone forgets how to drive in the snow or they are all new to Worcester and don’t expect what I like to call the Massachusetts Snow Belt.

If memory serves me correctly you live in Holden from an earlier post. The slight incline I was referring to was on Burncoat street near the high school. Not a very steep hill for Worcester but for some reason even the slightest snow makes it very slippery there. That’s where I saw the 4 Runner even having trouble making it up. I went right around him too.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,145 Posts
...is it just me, or does Woostah have a really high proportion of cars running on bald tires????
Saw a guy in an Impala on baldies in N. Andover who couldn't make it up the smallest of inclines. If only the incompetents would stay off the road I could have more fun on my Nokian Hakka Rs...

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,902 Posts
The guy who mounted my Hakkas, an old New Hampshire hand with many winters behind him, pronounced them the best snow tires in the world.

Subaru, the official car of New England!

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
Steve

Please don’t think I meant I was stuck. I had to sit for a while because everyone else was stuck and I had to wait for a break in traffic coming the other way so I could get around them

If memory serves me correctly you live in Holden from an earlier post. The slight incline I was referring to was on Burncoat street near the high school. Not a very steep hill for Worcester but for some reason even the slightest snow makes it very slippery there. That’s where I saw the 4 Runner even having trouble making it up. I went right around him too.

Kevin
Ha, ha, no I knew you weren't stuck...but I know the frustration of being behind someone who has no business driving in the snow. I know the part of Burncoat St. you're talking about...it must've been a great feeling to ball right past that 4Runner!

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
The guy who mounted my Hakkas, an old New Hampshire hand with many winters behind him, pronounced them the best snow tires in the world.
!
He wasn't an old Finn, was he? ( I think the Hakkas come from Finland). When I was in my twenties I had an old Volvo 122s, rear drive, and a local mechanic sold me a pair of Hakkapellittas for the rear. My God, what a difference they made. Let us know how your current-edition Hakkas do this weekend!
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,902 Posts
He wasn't an old Finn, was he? ( I think the Hakkas come from Finland). When I was in my twenties I had an old Volvo 122s, rear drive, and a local mechanic sold me a pair of Hakkapellittas for the rear. My God, what a difference they made. Let us know how your current-edition Hakkas do this weekend!
Steve
09 2.5X AT
Anything with (seemingly unnecessary) double letters, especially vowels, is probably Finnish! Just ask my friend Bob Rahikka.

Sample text:

Kaikki ihmiset syntyvät vapaina ja tasavertaisina arvoltaan ja oikeuksiltaan. Heille on annettu järki ja omatunto, ja heidän on toimittava toisiaan kohtaan veljeyden hengessä.​

Listen to a recording of this text

Translation:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
(Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights)​

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
Not much fun here today - plenty of snow, but plenty of salt too. The roads are wet and my car is white...
Road salt is just disgusting stuff, isn't it? Why don't they just plow and sand, like they did in the bad old days? Boy, that would weed out the lousy winter drivers in a hurry...
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
A week ago I was driving to work on icy, snowy roads and everyone was going like 20 mph... Well I took it upon myself to pass them and lead the pack to victory by showing them how to drive and how subies bring the pain in the snow!

·
Registered
03 WRX
530 Posts
we had our bog storm 2 weeks ago.. now its just ugly cold... the whole road where I live in the country is one big ice rink.. and I mean from my house to any paved road is at least 2 miles of dirt (I mean iced) roads...

I love my Foz.. gonna tear me up when I pull the trigger to sell her.. (but a landcruiser will be her replacement

1 - 20 of 26 Posts