Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my forester into a mechanic and he said suspension(I assume struts..?) and brakes have to be replaced and quoted me $1500 for both jobs..

I thought it was outrageous..

How much do these jobs usually cost?

any trustworthy mechanics?

I know Fast toys deal with tire rack who has a pretty reasonable price on KYB GR2's... does anybody know if fast toys does installing as well..?

Thank you in advance!

Jeff.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,893 Posts
Those are both rather ill-defined terms, especially "brakes." Could you get anything more specific from him?

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess I better ask him.. he didn't really say nothing... just said "brake work" im thinking calipers and rotors..

·
Registered
2000 Forester
76 Posts
i guess I better ask him.. he didn't really say nothing... just said "brake work" im thinking calipers and rotors..
Watch out for this one. He might get you to pay for headlight fluid as well. Full DIY with oem parts for rotors/pads in a brake job

Centric Rotors + Centric Posi Quiet Ceramics (a brand I like, not necessarily best or worst) total for your car online cost about 225 USD for 4 rotors, front and rear pads. If you can do it yourself and consider your own labor free, then you could probably get that out of the way. Maybe pick up a vacuum brake bleeder at an auto parts place if you need to service your fluids.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,893 Posts
It could go all the way from fluid to pads and up through calipers, rotors, brake lines, master cylinder, pedal! He's gotta get more specific to be believed.

As for fluids, it's a cinch with Speed Bleeders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts