Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
RIP 2005 FXT 5MT
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to fabricate some dash speaker pods for face level imaging. I tried to pull the A-pillar panels off yesterday but they are on there pretty tight and I don't want to break them.

SO does anyone have the faq on how to remove/install these?

Thanks.

Ps. I'll post some pictures once I am done.

·
Administrator
14,751 Posts
I found I couldn't get them off without bending a couple of the attachment clips. I just kept pulling toward the centre of the car and they came off. There may be a better technique!

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
I just wired up my sirius and had to remove the A pillar to run the wires. I just pulled, I found it harder than removing the radio surround piece that everyone b*tches about. There doesn't seem to be a proper way to take this off.

You just have to keep working it and pray you don't break anything. I would assume a new piece wouldn't be very expensive if does break though.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I removed it to install boost guage. After removing the rubber door seal and the body trim, I used a lagre flat blade screw driver with tape on the end to pry the piece off where the clips are attached. Broke 2 of the 3 clips and had to buy new ones from dealer so the trim would be tight upon reinstallation. :cry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seems to be a general problem, or we do not know the way pillar is coming off... broke 2 clips as well :evil:

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
2,225 Posts
Unforonatly every time I have pull one of these off I have broken at least one clip. I've taken off alot of these. Clips are only a couple of bucks.

Ben

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
Is it normal for the A-pillar covers to have some looseness/movement in them? Mine don't feel rigidly attached (and I checked a couple of other Foresters which seemed to be the same).

-- Steve

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Yeah, mine's like that to. They are loose, just clipped on.

·
Registered
2006 Forester
662 Posts
This thread gives me alot of hope!:mob:

I found my water leak and it is getting in at the upper passenger-side corner of the windshield and flowing down the inside of the A-pillar and draining under my dash to the floor. And the inside roof material is moist at the top of this panel. I'd like to remove this pillar cover but now I'm not so sure.

Ugh!
Tom

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,676 Posts
Our guy Ferret told me that the clips are part #909100027. I'm looking forward to proving him correct myself! Ugly job it is.

If all you have to do is get a wire into the A-pillar, it's possible to just slide it under the edge.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,251 Posts
This thread gives me alot of hope!

I found my water leak and it is getting in at the upper passenger-side corner of the windshield and flowing down the inside of the A-pillar and draining under my dash to the floor. And the inside roof material is moist at the top of this panel. I'd like to remove this pillar cover but now I'm not so sure.

Ugh!
Tom
Sorry to hear that your windshield saga is continuing.
I've removed my A-pillar trim pieces several times and it takes more force than you would think. Just start at the top and pull the trim piece straight away from the body. Chances are the some of clips will break, that is if they weren't already broken by the windshield install guys. Those clip are almost single use.

Our guy Ferret told me that the clips are part #909100027. I'm looking forward to proving him correct myself! Ugly job it is.
That number is correct. I've bought a few of them. :icon_biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts