1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a link from PH to here, so be nice :icon_wink:

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a 2.5XT/XTen 06 Forester, I am however slightly confused as to what comes as standard and prices. Subaru have 3 on their wbesite 2 xt's an 04 plate with 45k miles @ £10.5K and an 06 with 45k miles @ £9K. They have also got an 06 XTen with 66k miles @ £10k. They all seem to have similar performance and levels of equipment. I have done a few searches but cant seem to find anything useful.

Also is there any real alternative to a Forester?

Cheers

Grayham

I'll answer the last bit, no there isn't.

·
Registered
06 XTe
151 Posts
The 04s will be pre-facelift (when the XT got another 20hp and slightly stiffer suspension) XTe has leather and a sunroof and heated seats XTeN also has sat nav

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
The 04s will be pre-facelift (when the XT got another 20hp and slightly stiffer suspension) XTe has leather and a sunroof and heated seats XTeN also has sat nav
XTen should also have heated mirrors and wiper park area although if someone ordered the all weather pack that will be on lesser models.

Good luck with finding an alternative....

By face-lift I assume you mean 'face-drop' although neither is going to win a beauty contest. Still, that's the beauty of them.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Oooooo you lucky devil. Personally I'd plumb for the '06. I think the '06 has a better engine 4 cam thingy and a little more power, and i think it has much more road presence.
But I'd be careful about the reg date due to amount of road tax you'll have to pay.

Saw this in Europa Subaru a few months back. Had to wipe the drool off it when i'd gone.

What you doing with your s-turbo? Me wanty.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Ooooo, that is very nice, but....

Who else thinks NorthDownsBooby is a show off?

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Turbo
67 Posts
Hey , if I had that i'd be showing off too!!

Seriously nice machine NorthDownsScooby.

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT
105 Posts
Oooooo you lucky devil. Personally I'd plumb for the '06. I think the '06 has a better engine 4 cam thingy and a little more power, and i think it has much more road presence.
But I'd be careful about the reg date due to amount of road tax you'll have to pay.

Saw this in Europa Subaru a few months back. Had to wipe the drool off it when i'd gone.

What you doing with your s-turbo? Me wanty.
Mmmmmmmmm exactly like mine - but I have black leather and no front parking sensors or sun roof

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts