Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 08 STI seats installed since May. To me they are extremely comfortable and good looking. They match the interior perfectly. I just picked a second set of brand new O8 STI seats and would like to install them in the rear as a second row. Has anyone attempted this. Please give me some input. If not maybe they'll go uo for sale.
Jim
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/sqc146/IMG_0230.jpg

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
are you talking of doing a 4 bucket seat install? I'm thinking they would be too tall and hit the headliner, even with the bottom frame removed.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not measured anything yet , but yes I was thinking of 4 buckets. I'll try it over the weekend. I could eliminate the sliders and make them stationary.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the support guys. I have seen them in big SUV's but not Forester's
I hope I can make them fit!

·
Registered
06 forester xt 07 sti 6 speed
3,873 Posts
Well we can try to make them fit. I know id feel much safer taking a ride in your car if I knew trhat no matter where I ended up sitting I would be sitting in a supportive STi bucket seat!

And if they wont fit Im sure there will be a line of people waiting to buy those beautiful seats! They match the forester interior verry nicely and are quite a bit more comfortable than my 04 STi seats. Hey maybe you should just give them to me. Ill put them to good use :biggrin:

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,006 Posts
I have 08 STI seats installed since May. To me they are extremely comfortable and good looking. They match the interior perfectly. I just picked a second set of brand new O8 STI seats and would like to install them in the rear as a second row. Has anyone attempted this. Please give me some input. If not maybe they'll go uo for sale.
Jim
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/sqc146/IMG_0230.jpg

How much longer are they than a stock 09/10 Forester (in the legs/bottom)?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
that would be pretty damn cool, but youll prolly have to fabricate some kind of rear center console to fill the gap inbetween the seats too..

i kinda agree w/ todd, the bucket might be too tall, the rear passenger's heads will have to be slouched down to fit, unless they are 4' 5" haha. if any1 can make it happen it will be ken, i just think itll be a lot of custom work.

IMHO who cares about rear passengers, sell em for profit and put the time/effort/money in2 something else.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if i can get them in i would have to put monitor in the rear center console with a rear view camera to demonstrate how Fozzez keep donkey.

·
Registered
06 forester xt 07 sti 6 speed
3,873 Posts
How much longer are they than a stock 09/10 Forester (in the legs/bottom)?
If you mean the mounting holes and sliders, I would think that these would just bolt right in to an 09/10 forester. The airbags would probably just plug in also. You would probably only need to swap the bladder from your stock passenger seat into the STi seat.
That would be sick! Ive never seen anyone with these seats in the newer body Fozzy.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree Ken with putting those seats in an 09-10. But i thought you wanted to take a ride in my Foz first with the 4 buckets ? Will see what happpens.

·
Registered
2013 WRX Limited Manual
563 Posts
I would be interested to hear what you would want for the seats.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will let you know if they don't fit. I'm sure shippimg is costly.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
I think the seat depth is a lot more than the rear bench. THere's already insufficient legroom in the rear and with the STi seat the front of the seats will be touching the back of the fronts. I probably have less than a foot between the edge of the rear and the back of my front seats.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:confused:
I think the seat depth is a lot more than the rear bench. THere's already insufficient legroom in the rear and with the STi seat the front of the seats will be touching the back of the fronts. I probably have less than a foot between the edge of the rear and the back of my front seats.
I took a peak this morning . It looks likes it's to much work even if it could be done.
I purchased them a while ago. I might make an office desk chair and a computer chair. I'm not sure I've been so lazy lately, or I might put them up for sale. They have no wear or stains.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts