Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
nce 1, now I cn pretend 2B dwn W d kdz agn! :biggrin:

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Terribly sorry chaps, but I haven't a clue what all this nonsensical jargon above means?

And you horrible little oiks (sorry to use such slang terminology) have interrupted my simultaneous reading of Little Dorrit, King Lear and The Qur'an.

Cup of Earl Grey, anyone?

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
Sorry old chap can't seem to quite understand your banter....

Perhaps it he tried it slower?

Slow banter - wouldn't be the same.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
I blame the education system. I work part time at the airport, taking groups of kids round showing them how the place works and on a Q&A session one of the pieces of paper full of questions I received was full of questions in text speak. When I questioned the teacher about whether this was acceptable she said "If they hand it in we have to mark it" So when did it become acceptable to hand in gibberish?

I've even had a job vacancy reply written in gibberish as well. I didnt even read it, it went straight in the shredder!

·
Registered
2003 forester x auto
236 Posts
A stalwart of d en lang appears. ll hail d defender of gud gramA n pnktu8n.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
After a couple of ales, all this "txt spk" makes even less sense!

It's no good, I'm just going to have to admit to myself that I am in no way "down with the kids" ;o)

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
I blame the education system. I work part time at the airport, taking groups of kids round showing them how the place works and on a Q&A session one of the pieces of paper full of questions I received was full of questions in text speak. When I questioned the teacher about whether this was acceptable she said "If they hand it in we have to mark it" So when did it become acceptable to hand in gibberish?

I've even had a job vacancy reply written in gibberish as well. I didnt even read it, it went straight in the shredder!
Im in education and anyone that submits work not following the correct conventions of grammar, punctuation or spelling gets it back. They soon learn, or fail.

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
967 Posts
MODS, please

Purely on health grounds, we need to hide this thread from Grandpa Lacey :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Im in education and anyone that submits work not following the correct conventions of grammar, punctuation or spelling gets it back. They soon learn, or fail.
i think some inner city schools are going to have more failures than your school mate.

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
You should try translating their original text to lingo and then back again... it turns into Engrish... Do it here! Do it now!

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Purely on health grounds, we need to hide this thread from Grandpa Lacey :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I am quite happy thank you :biggrin: I use the telephone for its original intended purpose......to talk to people.

I can truthfully say I have never sent or received a text-thingy message and, believe it or not... the world hasn't ended ! The postman still delivers the mail, the milkman leaves the milk and our cat clients communicate with us quite easily. I have an old mobile 'phone that lives in the car just in case of emergency and that is it. We work from home and don't need/use constant right hand to right ear. Why on earth people have to hold a conversation with ????? as they walk down the street just baffles me.
No, don't need texxttt thingy so don't use it ! :biggrin:
And I an still a happy little bunny !

Cheers all.

Brian
message written in English !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts