Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'05 FXT 5MT
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Custom dash gauge pod

I bought my FXT a couple months ago and since then have been going through the usual mods. Exhaust, wheels, lowering it. Same old song and dance. Well, when it came time for gauges I was left pretty much dry.

Since I had A-Pillar gauges on my Impreza I wanted to try something new and decided on the center dash pod like the clock pod in the Impreza. I found a company making some gauges that go right on top of the center dash pocket for 03-08s but they looked kind of bland and didn't suit my style. Time to get creative! I bought an ATI style dash pod for the Impreza, got a jig saw and a DeWalt and now we're gonna see what I can do!

Here's a crappy night time picture since all good ideas happen at night :raspberry:

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Auto
13 Posts
Little more sanding and some paint and you're set.
Should still have very easy access to the wiring also.

·
Registered
'05 FXT 5MT
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finished it up today! I have a ton of more pictures and could probably do a write up if people are interested enough for me to go so. I'll just post the finished product pictures and see what you guys think!

I had to cut out a square in the middle so when the gauges go in there they have clearance. I also cut a smaller hole in the back for the wires to go through.

To paint it I used Restoleum truck bed liner and it's a pretty close match for coming straight out of a can. Once it dried I hit it with some 1500 grit sandpaper to knock down some of the roughness and make it feel more like the OEM dash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts