Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just installed a brakestopper on sat morning :woohoo:. And now have a few questions. Its a CDF model and I have a spare screw /bolt:confused:

Have only used two bolts /screws to attach it to the wheel arch.
One at the front near the oxygen sensor plug holder(first picture) and one on the side where the original braking system manifold & pipework was held (second picture).

The more observant will see a second bolt /screw in the second picture. Have screwed this in but its does not seem to be doing anything for the bracket.

Does anyone who's used a CDF racing brakestopper know if this is correct:icon_question:

There is a suitable mounting point for a second bolt but the braking manifold system cannot move far enough away from the wheel arch to put the bolt thru the hole and then attach it to the wheel arch.

And before anyone says it, yes I know the engine bay is a bit grubby and yes I know subaru blue does not go with the mica red. But if in the future I get any other fittings then they will be subaru blue.

cheers all
ubdai

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Oooo, i'm not sure Subaru blue goes with Mica red ya know. And the engine bay's grubby. :biggrin: :N_poke: :biggrin:

This doesn't help you at all does it? :Banane08:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Have you tried releasing the brake proportioning valve bracket, pulling it away slightly from the bodywork and putting the rear bolt in first?

Apart from that the mounting looks as it should although you don't seem to have used the seat for the tensioning bolt or is the bolt supplied too short?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
He's got the parts in the right orientation.......

Just needs to clear the brake lines to get the bolt in at the back.
Probably easiest done when the two halves of the bracket are not attached to each other or the proportioning valve attached.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you mean the aluminium thingy with pipes coming out of it, I could not push if forward enough to get the bolt /screw in. All I needed was another 5mm of space and it would have gone in. Just one brake pipe stopping it though.
The only other way is to disconnect all the pipes, but that would mean draining the brake system? And I don't really want to do that.

ubdai

Attachments

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
I used this image to fit mine as well.

Take heed with the bolts. I had less than I should have had in my kit and my mate with a pratza had more bolts than needed.

I hope todays kits are better than they where 2 years ago. The parts are quality but the accessories are lacking.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
I had way more bits in my kit than I needed.....

I removed everything round the brake valve, got the plate in behind it and started the bolt back in then fixed the cross bar on the front...the big plate has to go behind the brake valve....

Simon

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you tried releasing the brake proportioning valve bracket, pulling it away slightly from the bodywork and putting the rear bolt in first?

Apart from that the mounting looks as it should although you don't seem to have used the seat for the tensioning bolt or is the bolt supplied too short?
Bought the kit off the forum from Stevem. Seemed to be the box had not been opened since he got it as the CDF sticky tape was still intact. There wasn't any 'seat' in the box and the bolt is just about long enough.

The brake valve bracket was loosened and pulled away from wheelarch but like I said, one of the metal brake pipes was in the way and this restricted how far it could go.

Will look to see if I can get shorter bolt /screw with same size thread and use it to attach the brake stopper bracket to the bodywork

ubdai

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Love the doggy pic, is that your pooch? I used to have a ridgeback, soppy old thing she was.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love the doggy pic, is that your pooch? I used to have a ridgeback, soppy old thing she was.
I do have one, but thats a stock photo. Mine won't stay still long enough to give me a chance to take a pic.

ubdai

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Like your sig deebom.....AWP was not an option at 99MY though, everything was standard, leather and auto box the only options!

Simon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts