Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did get a couple of shots of the Forester in to keep you guys happy. :biggrin: Today Roo and I made a little trip to a small local "ghost town" by the name of Wingo, located south of Sonoma in the salt marsh of San Pablo Bay.

Access road, still paved

^^ That road turns into a bumpy dirt track eventually and then ends at a gate with parking area (sorry, no pics of the Foz mudding it on that dirt road as it winds through the vineyards). From there we hoofed it about a mile and some change to the actual town.

Not the place to be when the polar ice caps melt or a tsunami warning is posted... 0 elevation would describe it.

Looking back at Subed in the parking area. The whole place is actually so flat that we could still see him from over a mile away.

Dilapidated walkway across the salt marsh to the little town (which has a single resident/caretaker)

Old railroad trestle/bascule bridge across the tidal slough

Roo and Cody

Some cool rusty and crusty stuff

More of the bridge

Another view of the town

My pup hanging out on the abandoned railroad tracks

And that's what we did on our third wedding anniversary. Not quite as exciting as the adventure rally we participated in on our honeymoon, but hey... times are lean. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great shots! Thanks for sharing & cool dog. Like the pick of him just chill'n on the tracks.
Another set of great pics, Silke.

You're making me want to spend more time in the Sonoma area when I pass through next year. :D
Nice. Another set of arguments for the road trip across america that I'll do in 10 years when my kids grow up!
Congrats on your anniversary! Great shots.
Thanks guys... it's fun to look past the touristy destinations sometimes. Heck, most of the locals here don't even know about these places!

Well, that bridge still look sturdier than the Bay Bridge's East Span eh?
Agreed, the "new and improved" section = EPIC FAIL. :shake:

·
Registered
03 WRX
530 Posts
nice pics... I look forward to one day when I visit my homeland (Australia) with my kids, to do a journey inland where I grew up and get pics like these... amazing.. rich in character

I had a guy tweak that ecu I got from you... Yep Vishnu Stage 2 is definitely poor.. ha ha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts