Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I discovered a nice huge dent on my right front fender. I'm 98% sure it's from my friend George leaning on it with his butt. Agh, why do people lean on other people's cars? *#$U%$!!11!!

/end rant.

Stan

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
3,127 Posts
I did the same thing (in the same place) to my car several years ago....took it to a great PDR guy in NJ and it was taken out in front of my eyes.....I thought I was dreaming.

Fear not, find a PDR tech and watch it pop out.....

Steve

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,349 Posts
^^ I agree, looks like an easy PDR job! :wink: The fenders are very soft! When I had the AVO turbo kit installed in my '03, there were slight dents on both fenders where they leaned on it. For around $125, all the dents were removed & there were lots of them. IMO, the repair was "perfect"! :smile:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll let a PDR guy take a look, but there is a crease on the bottom part of the fender flare -- it may not pop out clean. I'm not stressing over it, it's just annoying that I have tons of dents on my car and none of them are there because of my mistakes.

Stan

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
damn Stan.. That sucks... can it be easily popped out.. sorry dude. I would be stirred. Hopefully you can get it fixed easily..

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,107 Posts
I'll let a PDR guy take a look, but there is a crease on the bottom part of the fender flare -- it may not pop out clean. I'm not stressing over it, it just annoying that I have tons of dents on my car and none of them are there because of my mistakes.

Stan
Sorry to see this happened... I made a dent into my driver side rear door one time with my butt - our sheetmetal is like aluminum foil!

If you need a killer PDR guy, we have a recommendation.

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you need a killer PDR guy, we have a recommendation.
I don't want to KILL the guy for denting my car, I can just smack him. He is our drummer, we need him alive. As far as getting the dent out, I will definitely use your PDR guy.

Thank you guys for the support.

Stan

·
Registered
2008 2.5x ll beaner
634 Posts
Stan the man!! Sorry for your A** dent. How big is your drummer? Take it easy and keep on rockin'!

·
Premium Member
10,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is not that big of a guy, maybe 5' 10", 200lbs..

We will keep rockin. We had our first gig playing out a couple of weeks ago, next on the list is recording.

Stan

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
The fenders are definitely made out of aluminum foil, the tops of both of mine are pushed in from people leaning on them. Even my hood is getting wavey from the hoodscoop slowly tweaking it over time.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
3,127 Posts
AARGGGGG.....Don't try to pop the dent out yourself (sorry, Silke).....the PDR tech who fixed the two dents that I caused (when I stumbled over a parking snub and slapped the fender to steady myself.........and one of said dents was adjacent to the body crease......like I wrote before, my dent was literally in the same place as yours!) told me that he needed to "walk" the dents out in the same direction as the pressure was applied to the sheet metal..........trying to pop the dents out by yourself might leave other bend marks..........at that point, PDR might not work at all.

Sorry, my two cents. When I trip over stuff now, I make sure that the Forester is not in range. I am so clumsy and I have big feet (size 14)......

Steve

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,107 Posts
$100 PDR will fix that...
Not in the Bay Area it won't... :lol:

Said killer PDR guy took my ex-husband's size 8 footprint out of my driver door skin for $200 at a local dent day (i.e. cash under the table for 1 1/2 hour's work), but that's about as cheap as it gets. Plus, the creases on the fender might make this one a particular challenge.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
372 Posts
I had a similar thing happen. A friend thought he'd be funny and set of my car alarm by tackling my fender. I didn't even have an alarm, but I did get a nice shoulder shaped dent. $300 PDR job, he paid. My sympathy to you....

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
3,127 Posts
I must have gotten a bargain......several years ago, it cost me $125- to get rid of them both....and that was with the lower of the two dents being right on the shallow body crease........first time that NJ was cheaper than almost anywhere else.....

BTW, since "you always the hurt the one you love the most" is the operative statement on this post, I just scuffed up the lower rear bumper of my Subie when I backed into a spot in our lot by snubbing a piece of concrete that I didn't see......

Pardon moi but DOH!!!

Steve

Steve

1 - 20 of 30 Posts