Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester auto
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Running errands today in 95 degree weather, A/C worked fine until the first stop. We were out of the car for about 30 minutes and when we got back in, the A/C would only blow hot air. Stopped at the second location for 30 minutes, got back in, tried the A/C and it was blowing cold air again. Third stop, got in, cold air, after about 15 minutes, back to warm air. I tried cycling the automatic temp control and running manually, but nothing made anything change.

Any suggestions on where to look?

·
Registered
2007 Forester auto
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't checked the Freon, yet. It's just been 1000 miles since the engine was out for head gaskets and timing belt, so I'm hoping they didn't bump anything. I'll check out the thread you sent.

·
Registered
2007 Forester auto
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made it through that post. Everything makes sense now. When it works, the air is cold, then nothing. Got through today by turning it off when the air warmed up, then turning it back on.

Pulled the belt cover off and the clutch gap is .80mm/.0312". Way out of specs. Will attempt the repair this Friday.

Thanks Bobby! You're cool! And thanks to you, so am I! :grin2:

·
Registered
2007 Forester auto
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my experience, the lower the Freon charge gets, the less cold the discharge temperature becomes. Mine is really cold when it works, then goes to hot air almost instantly. If I turn it off, wait a few minutes then turn it back on, it goes right back to being very cold.

·
Registered
2007 Forester auto
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Casper reincarnated
2,245 Posts
Can we take it that it is back to blowing cold all the time with the adjustment you made?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts