Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new on here and had a question and was hoping someone on here can help, I own two foresters one is a 2014 and the other is a 2015, the 2014 had an ac compressor failure, which caused the condenser to plug up, I ordered a brand new compressor, condenser, dryer bag, and expansion block as recommended by Subaru, I plan to flush all the lines and the evaporator core before installing the new parts, my question is How much pag oil does the system take? the sticker under the hood gives me the Freon charge of 16 to 18 ouches but does not list the amount of oil, I have checked online and on identifix and found that it takes pag 100 oil but I cant find anywhere the capacity. please help. I tried calling the dealer and left two messages but still not herd anything back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok here is an update for any body with the same issue, dealer called me back and gave me the correct specs, 4 ounces of pag 100.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
Once you get it up and running, use it on a regular basis.

That oil helps keep everything happy and when the AC is inactive, the result is problems with the system.

Don't use it, you lose it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts